Which dehumdifier should i buy? AmPro or DigiHub?

Here is the place to talk about all those equipment(Telescope, Mounts, Eyepieces, etc...) you have. Not sure which scope/eyepiece is best for you? Trash it out here!
Grievous

Which dehumdifier should i buy? AmPro or DigiHub?

Post by Grievous »

Good Evening all,

Finally decided to invest a dehumidifier to house my equipment. But i cant decide on which company's should i buy. Anyone got experience with these two? Please advice, Thanks.

www.am-pro.com.sg
www.digihub.com.sg

Clear skies,
Charlie
Debash

Re: Which dehumdifier should i buy? AmPro or DigiHub?

Post by Debash »

Grievous wrote:Good Evening all,

Finally decided to invest a dehumidifier to house my equipment. But i cant decide on which company's should i buy. Anyone got experience with these two? Please advice, Thanks.

www.am-pro.com.sg
www.digihub.com.sg
Hi, I bought Digihub's Digi Cabi AD-080II in Nov last year for my MCT, so far it's working fine. Paid S$280, includes free home delivery & 5 years warranty. I bought it from MS Color Service in Ang Mo Kio, because Digihub was charging more (dealers get rebates on sales targets met or whatever, so I guess they are able to sell cheaper). Depending upon your scope size it could be a pain hunting around the right size that fits your scope. Ampro didn't have one that fits my scope.

Hope this helps. cheers
Debash
Kelvin

Post by Kelvin »

Well..i agree that here was humity over 80%.

You could go down to a photoshop at your place and grap one. it about $500 to a 1k last time, my family wanted to get one for storing films and cameras.
Grievous

Post by Grievous »

I would be getting one to store my OTA which is slighty more than 60cm, and i have 4 binoculars and a giant bino, EPs and finderscope...that takes up alot of space! So i'll be looking towards the 100L league...cant find a one size fits all...*sigh*

Charlie
The gentle light of a distant galaxy
must needs pour into mine eye.
Or i shall with bent and turned,
fall me down, distraught..To die.
dew

Post by dew »

i got an ampro but it died on me 2 months after i bought it.. warrenty covered it though and its working fine now. it might not sound that good but ampro has got sizes which most other companies have stopped producing, especially if you want a large single door model.. might want to take that into consideration.

eu-wen
Grievous

Post by Grievous »

Yeap, Will be ordering the new AmPro Equator 7 series from Digital Point at Suntec for @ $278 when i get my next paycheck. Fits just my needs. Any luck to find other dealers of AmPro for a better price?

Charlie
The gentle light of a distant galaxy
must needs pour into mine eye.
Or i shall with bent and turned,
fall me down, distraught..To die.
shenzenus

Post by shenzenus »

The entry door height of The Equator 7 is only 63cm (internal about 67) but my OTA is already 64cm (with 1.25" adaptor removed). Space is quite tight. Thus, I'm ordering the Equator 10 costing $378, with entry door height of 79cm. With that, I could build simple frame to "hook" the OTA, suspending it, instead of resting it on the lens cover.
Regards,

Bernard
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

Actually, for long or oversized scopes which don't fit into dehumidifiers (or even if there's one that does fit, a lot of space is wasted inside), there was some discussion on the old Singastro Yahoo! Groups regarding a heating tube/rod or something. So you guys may want to consider this option too. Like one of the school based clubs I visited for example, they have a 14" SCT and it's just left on the mount all the time, inside the rooftop observatory. The only defense I saw, against moisture / humidity was a heating rod inserted through the visual back.

I think I'll start another topic on this one since I may need one myself for my MN.
Samuel Ng