Intes Micro MN66 MakNewt

Here is the place to talk about all those equipment(Telescope, Mounts, Eyepieces, etc...) you have. Not sure which scope/eyepiece is best for you? Trash it out here!
ariefm71

Intes Micro MN66 MakNewt

Post by ariefm71 »

Someone just offered me a trade of his mint MN66 for my Tak FC76.
Always want a widefield flat-field colorless 5" f/6 APO but can never justify their price. Looks like this will be the next best thing to the 5" APO. I already have a small (designed for 7" newt) 1stbase collapsible dob mount that I can use with this.

Should I take up the offer? Thinking of using VPOST to ship it to Singapore, any risks?

PS: Also, I might be getting my Burgess 91mm Triplet APO (remember the "once in a lifetime offer"? :D ) anytime soon for my travelscope, the length is even shorter than the FC76.
MooEy

Post by MooEy »

bah, y not look for one of those meade 127ed f/9 if u really wan a 5" refractor. those come up for 1.2k usd often. never got the chance to look thru any of those intes mak newt. i wonder how gd they are. do ask me out for ob if u ever get one.

~MooEy~
kayheem

Post by kayheem »

The Mak-Newt is a capable performer, but do bear in mind the size and weight.
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

MooEy wrote:bah, y not look for one of those meade 127ed f/9 if u really wan a 5" refractor. those come up for 1.2k usd often. never got the chance to look thru any of those intes mak newt. i wonder how gd they are. do ask me out for ob if u ever get one.

~MooEy~
I want 900mm-ish FL, the Meade's FL is too long and it is not color-free :)
anat

Post by anat »

I know the MN is an apo killer. But the apo fever will still haunt you. You must be strong...Arief. :)
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

anat wrote:I know the MN is an apo killer. But the apo fever will still haunt you. You must be strong...Arief. :)
It will be cured if you sell your AP 6" EDT to me cheap cheap :lol:
elton

Post by elton »

Had a chance to trial the MN66 (non-micro) for a few weeks. Very impressive. APO-like is the best description.
mrngbss

Post by mrngbss »

Stick to finding your travelscope. :)

Pictures at CN: http://www.cloudynights.com/ubbthreads/ ... in/1709740
Wee Nghee the Pooh
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

Thanks for the comments, Elton/Wee.
Last edited by ariefm71 on Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mrngbss

Post by mrngbss »

Nice focuser!!! But the PST on top of the OTA is even nicer!
I think you should get this OTA. For me, I've never used this type of telescope, so getting it is like widening my experience. Then i can sell off other accessories to find $$ for a travelscope.
Wee Nghee the Pooh