Help!!

Here is the place to talk about all those equipment(Telescope, Mounts, Eyepieces, etc...) you have. Not sure which scope/eyepiece is best for you? Trash it out here!
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Don't put in the eyepiece first. What did you see when look in the focuser without the eyepiece???
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
ursaMinor

Post by ursaMinor »

saw a hole which have got my eye reflection. thats all...
weixing
Super Moderator
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Point the scope near the your house ceiling lightning, but don't point at the lamp directly. Is the hole with your eye in it in the centre of a mirror?? You should see the primary mirror also....
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
ursaMinor

Post by ursaMinor »

nope. The hole with my eye reflection is way off the centre. I tink collimation means to put it in the centre right? What about the primary mirror? Yesterday I accidentally took it out and tink it was put back abruptly. What should I do now...
weixing
Super Moderator

Post by weixing »

Hi,
The hole with my eye reflection is way off the centre. I tink collimation means to put it in the centre right?
Yes.. that's right. Also, don't worry about it... I think there are a lots of guy here know how to collimate a reflector.

First, ignore the reflected image of your eye. Did you see all the primary mirror clip (I think there are three of them) on the side of mirror when you look through the focuser??
Yang Weixing
ursaMinor

Post by ursaMinor »

i tink i saw only 2. not sure wads clips u meant. I saw 2 cresent thingy.
weixing
Super Moderator

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Your secondary alignment may be out... I know that the Celestron manual do not give you details instruction on how to collimate your scope. So, thanks to SkyWatcher, below is a detail instruction on how to collimate a reflector from SkyWatcher.... I think Celestron 114 is the same as the SkyWatcher Reflector. Download, print out and follow the instruction. It should provide you with enough information to roughly collimate your Reflector. For fine collimation, you need to do it on the star... may be you can join some of the Reflector's guy here and seek their advice/help when they are out for observation.

http://www.skywatchertelescope.com/Down ... mation.pdf

Post here if you have any more question. Good luck and have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
ursaMinor

Post by ursaMinor »

Eh thx alot. I tink I will join other ppl here on their next observation trip and take the chance to collimate my scope under guidance of experienced ppl. I am rather scared my primary mirror will fall off again due to my lack of experience and its quite a joke if i spoils my new scope in 2 days.
blurblock

Post by blurblock »

You stay in Simei? :) ..... if weixing want to take a look at my reflector, then maybe one day we can all meet at Tampines stadium. I don't know about your scope, but I normally collimate my own scope ...... do you have any laser guiding collimating tools? :)
ursaMinor

Post by ursaMinor »

oh thats great! I got a laser pointer hahaa..is it a guiding tool? den i dun have liao. it would be great if we could meet together and I could get some hands on experience.