Need advice on 6" Reflector

Here is the place to talk about all those equipment(Telescope, Mounts, Eyepieces, etc...) you have. Not sure which scope/eyepiece is best for you? Trash it out here!
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Need advice on 6" Reflector

Post by weixing »

Hi,
I was considering a "faster" 6" scope to replace my SkyWatcher ViewMax 127. A 6" rich field refractor is out of the question due to the cost. So I was now considering both the SkyWatcher 6" F5 Reflector and the Anatres 6" F5 Reflector. I prefer the SkyWatcher at the moment because it seem to have better coating(according to the website).

Anyway, I want to seek advice from all the "old bird" here... :) So, anyone own or once own a 6" F5 Reflector of any brand here and how good/bad is it???

Thanks and have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
kayheem

Re: Need advice on 6" Reflector

Post by kayheem »

weixing wrote:Hi,
I was considering a "faster" 6" scope to replace my SkyWatcher ViewMax 127. A 6" rich field refractor is out of the question due to the cost. So I was now considering both the SkyWatcher 6" F5 Reflector and the Anatres 6" F5 Reflector. I prefer the SkyWatcher at the moment because it seem to have better coating(according to the website).

Anyway, I want to seek advice from all the "old bird" here... :) So, anyone own or once own a 6" F5 Reflector of any brand here and how good/bad is it???

Thanks and have a nice day.
I suggest the Intes MN56. This is a 5" F/6 instrument that gives refractor-like images totally without false colour. It can give wide fields and can go high power with the appropriate eyepieces. Do take a look at excelsis.com to take a look at the reviews.

Kay Heem
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

I have seen through 2 samples of Meades 8" SN OTA and both gave nice and sharp low-power/wide-field images. Didn't have a chance to test them out under high power though. But they are cheap for the aperture and seems to have a fairly good reputation as far as the OTA is concerned. But their corrector plate will be prone to dewing if u have long overnite sessions in local conditions.

Maybe u can consider getting the OTA from Astromart or through a couple of dealers whom I know is willing to ship to Singapore.
blurblock

Post by blurblock »

I have a 6" reflector tube, but no mount for the time being. Staying in Tampines too :), want me to bring it down to the stadium some day so you can take a look at it? :) .... but it is very long :).
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Thanks for the advices... I think I will get the Antares 515 6" Reflector if all everything thing goes well.... :)

Thanks again and have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen: