Help! Do not want to go obbing with yucky guy~~

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.
Cheryl

Help! Do not want to go obbing with yucky guy~~

Post by Cheryl »

There's this guy at my working place.....trying super hard to go ob with me. But I dun like him....and i don't want to go to a dark place with him. Need to make him give up...how ar?
I AM A SUCKER FOR 2ND HAND STUFF ! YAY ~~!
rcj
Vendor

Post by rcj »

lolx.....well if you don't wish to go, he cannot force you. Then again, if you do go observing with him, you may bring along a very bright green laser pointer. You can use that in defense for any hanky-panky business by projecting the beam straight into his corneas.

Side note: To the audience, please do not do this and take this gesture seriously.
Photon Bucket
http://www.celestialportraits.com
Facebook page: celestialportraits
swat_pup6433

Post by swat_pup6433 »

haha why not try to bring him along to join one of our regular Obs session? where there would be loads of our own guys too..so no worries! If he is still interested. maybe he's really interested in picking up astronomy as a hobby. if not, maybe its not the hobby he is trying to pick up..
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
if not, maybe its not the hobby he is trying to pick up..
Ha ha ha... May be he is looking for his "Vega"?? Hmm... then he'll become "Altair"?? ha ha ha [smilie=lol.gif]

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
alvinsclee

Post by alvinsclee »

Cheryl,
I guess you got to be straight to the point to this person.
It's about being fair to each other because both time and effort are precious.

If he is REALLY interested in astronomy, introduce him to Singastro. For obs, come with us.
Let him get the subtle hint that there are lots of 'big brothers' here watching every moves...
(our averted vision training helps greatly to detect the finest movements in the dark).

If he has other intentions, he will quickly realise the futility of his efforts when he reads your post here and all the replies that follows it.

:)
Alvin
Last edited by alvinsclee on Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
MooEy

Post by MooEy »

swat_pup6433 wrote:haha why not try to bring him along to join one of our regular Obs session? where there would be loads of our own guys too..so no worries!
lol, when 1 wolf is not enuff. sure, me and zong ye will go there and protect u :D

~MooEy~
Sam Lee

Post by Sam Lee »

If all else fails, you can still throw your sphinx mount at him ! :)
or mooey can volunteer one of his precious.. [smilie=evil-smile.gif]
We are the Borg, Resistance is Futile!
Meng Lee

Post by Meng Lee »

You can tell him that, the obs are organised by us. If he wants to go, he needs to register with us. Give him our number and get him to call us. :)
hommel

Post by hommel »

rcj wrote:lolx.....well if you don't wish to go, he cannot force you. Then again, if you do go observing with him, you may bring along a very bright green laser pointer. You can use that in defense for any hanky-panky business by projecting the beam straight into his corneas.

Side note: To the audience, please do not do this and take this gesture seriously.
rcj's suggestion is only for the last resort, but make sure your green laser is not 5mW, u need at least 100mW to burn corneas instantly.

Disclaimer: To the audience, please do not do this and take this gesture seriously.
cataclysm

Post by cataclysm »

Simple, just get him to read this tread, he will understand. [smilie=crying.gif]