any kind soul to help me out...

Here is the place to talk about all those equipment(Telescope, Mounts, Eyepieces, etc...) you have. Not sure which scope/eyepiece is best for you? Trash it out here!
cliffchuah

any kind soul to help me out...

Post by cliffchuah »

Hi there!

I'm envious to see so many people with good telescope....hope to upgrade mine soon.

I'm totally new to this and i'm interested to learn astronomy to impress my son and daughter.....so i bought a Meade ETX 70AT.....after reading the installation instruction, i'm still blurrrrrr and don't know how to setup/use it.....could you help me out ?

also, any coming event for star gazing ?
Kelvin

Post by Kelvin »

hey, i just brought a ETX60 too ! I blurrr too... haha.
I guess we are a bunch of newbie with new scopes.
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

Hi Cliff/Kelvin

If you could bring your scope over to my place, I can guide you through the process of setting up and using your scope. :) You can find lots of useful information about the ETX series of scopes at www.weasner.com/etx

cheers
Chee Chien
Kelvin

Post by Kelvin »

That great, pls give me the MRT nearest where we can meet and where is Delta Avenue ?

And oh, Cliff if you are going. pls give me a week or so for my Vertical Locking Screw to arrive in singapore. Tks
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

Delta Ave is at River Valley area near Great world city. Contact me at 98222404 to arrange so we don't clog up this thread. :)

cheers
Chee Chien
VinSnr
Administrator

Re: any kind soul to help me out...

Post by VinSnr »

cliffchuah wrote:Hi there!

I'm envious to see so many people with good telescope....hope to upgrade mine soon.

I'm totally new to this and i'm interested to learn astronomy to impress my son and daughter.....so i bought a Meade ETX 70AT.....after reading the installation instruction, i'm still blurrrrrr and don't know how to setup/use it.....could you help me out ?

also, any coming event for star gazing ?
Go to CC's place for quick guide. But if you are over at the North area, I can teach you too. Depend on you...you decide who is nearer.

BTW, is your problem on the setup or on using Autostar?
cliffchuah

Post by cliffchuah »

wow, you guys are really helpful, i can't believe it. Chee Chian, i'll contact you for a convenient date to meetup.

Thanks VinSnr too!