About Coma Corrector

Here is the place to talk about all those equipment(Telescope, Mounts, Eyepieces, etc...) you have. Not sure which scope/eyepiece is best for you? Trash it out here!
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

About Coma Corrector

Post by weixing »

Hi,
I'm getting a SkyWatcher 6" F5 (parabolic) reflector and I may require a coma corrector for my astrophotography and visual use depend on how good is the scope.

Anyone here had ever use one before? Can give any comments and recommendation?

Thanks and have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
VinSnr
Administrator

Re: About Coma Corrector

Post by VinSnr »

weixing wrote:Hi,
I'm getting a SkyWatcher 6" F5 (parabolic) reflector and I may require a coma corrector for my astrophotography and visual use depend on how good is the scope.

Anyone here had ever use one before? Can give any comments and recommendation?

Thanks and have a nice day.
I don't think you need it.
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

Coma correctors are pretty expensive toys. On the average about US$250-300 each. In my opinon, I don't think you'll need it *unless* you are really a hardcore imaging person i.e everytime you set up a scope, it's your camera lens that's looking through the scope rather than your eye :lol:

For visual, most people would just bear with it. Just like achromat refractors and their chromatic aberration, for example. A lot of people own them, but how many actually do buy MV or VR filters for them ?
Samuel Ng
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
I really hope that I don't need one... :)

Thanks for the advice and have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen: