SingAstro Gathering cum Sidewalk Astronomy

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
rlow wrote:I will try to bring one of my old scopes....
The one with the new "eye"?? [smilie=admire.gif]

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
rlow

Post by rlow »

The new 'eye' would have come tonight... but... this morning, the bolt-hole treading in one of the tube rings broke off, so it can only come on the next session after I get a pair of new tube rings. I will bring the eleven incher instead.
Richard Low
rcj
Vendor

Post by rcj »

did you guys managed to see anything? sorry did not go as dinner took too long to finish up... but realised the sky was quite clear later in the night....
Photon Bucket
http://www.celestialportraits.com
Facebook page: celestialportraits
andeelym

Post by andeelym »

Its so cloudy in the west.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

heard from weixing they turned up for a talk-shop session as the sky was pretty bad. I was not able to go last minute because my overseas relatives came and i had to entertain them but likely did not miss much considering the sky never really clear up until past midnight. [smilie=cool.gif]
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
rlow

Post by rlow »

The sky wasn't great when Liuming, Weixing and I reached the park. Crandf drop by a while with home-made cookies (thanks!). Jin Peng also dropped in a short while. Then Arief came, but without the TMB - sigh.... We setup a C5 on the Astroslew-1 mount and viewed the Moon with a Pentax XW20 & TMB Paragon 30mm. After that, four of us head off for coffee chat. Not much of an event but I hope we get better skies in 2010.
Richard Low
andeelym

Post by andeelym »

The skies recently are like no low hangling clouds but high misty clouds that gives the moon a nice corona but hardly any stars.

Not sure am I right with my descriptions though... cos i am very new to astronomy and didnt bother much with cloud names during geography lessons in sec school. Haha.