Selling White Meade 8"SCT OTA (with pictures!) {SOLD}

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
VinSnr
Administrator

Selling White Meade 8"SCT OTA (with pictures!) {SOLD}

Post by VinSnr »

Hi guys,

I am thinking of selling off my half year old white meade 8" SCT OTA. This scope comes with UHTC coatings and it has very very good optics. Diffraction patterns on both side of focus is nothing short of amazing. The focuser is also very smooth......turning it itself is a joy. There is however, a little image shift, typical of these SCT, but almost negligable.

I am half-hearted at selling this, but I will put a price of SGD$1,100. A new UHTC scope of this can be gotten from Astromart for around US$550 and with shipping of around US$150, it comes to about SGD$1200 and still not inclusive of GST.

Considering people are selling 5" Mak here for around $600-$700, the price of $1,100 should be quite right for an 8"

Included will be the finder and the visual back. I will throw in the flexible dewshield and a specially machined (and beautiful) focus knob for this scope. The knob itself was machined by Astrosky....main purpose is to allow you a finer control of the focuser.
Last edited by VinSnr on Sat Jun 05, 2004 6:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
David Lian

Re:Meade 8"SCT OTA

Post by David Lian »

Hi VinSnr,
Just PM on the above.
regards
David Lian
johnteh

Post by johnteh »

YOu bought it at a first hand or?
And what are the spec.
Can i view the scope?
kingfisher

Post by kingfisher »

Just a question, if it's that good why you even thinking about selling and only after 6 month.

You have some great plan?
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

i think vince has converted from an aperture guy into an apo guy, this sale is to partially fund his next premium 5" apo scope :lol:
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

kingfisher wrote:Just a question, if it's that good why you even thinking about selling and only after 6 month.

You have some great plan?
Simply because I wanna try other scopes and I cannot afford to keep collecting scopes.
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

johnteh wrote:YOu bought it at a first hand or?
And what are the spec.
Can i view the scope?
This is a first hand scope. I got the whole LXD55 package at a very reasonable price. Cheaper than buying it 2nd hand in US.

Specs? It's a 8" SCT with UHTC coatings.

Of course you can view the scope.
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

ariefm71 wrote:i think vince has converted from an aperture guy into an apo guy, this sale is to partially fund his next premium 5" apo scope :lol:
Not exactly. I am still an aperture guy. If I buy APO, it will be a much smaller scope meant for travelling.

I am thinking of getting back a reflector. Miss those days when I had to tinker with collimation, adjusting spiders and stuff.
kingfisher

Post by kingfisher »

May be you could let us know, what scope has given you the most pleasure so far? This in terms of capabilities and performance
johnteh

Post by johnteh »

So where can i view and when?
Today holiday maybe i can drop by.