WTS : William Optics ZS80 fd & tmb eyepieces

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
Junming-jm

WTS : William Optics ZS80 fd & tmb eyepieces

Post by Junming-jm »

Selling: William Optics ZenithStar 80 Flourite Doublet 10th Anniversary Edition for $700
Codesigned by
Tmb 80mm aperture
F/6.9
Focal length 555 still in good Condition.

Contact me for a try .

Tmb/burgess 4mm planetary eyepieces for $100

Long eye relief
60 fov
1.25 inch barrel size
Extendable eye cup
Still in good Condition .
Old series

Interested party can contact through 98989257 or pm
Me or pm here .

Both are good stuff but I need money for violin lesson so I need to sell them off.

Review on that scope .

I had the opportunity to compare both these scopes on various objects at our clubs Astronomy Day Star Party. Since lots of people wonder when purchasing a 3" refractor if the extra 50% in the cost of the Televue 76 is worth it, I thought I'd give a few impressions.

Chromatic aberration: On the Moon, Venus, and Sirius the Televue 76 outperformed the William 80 FD. Both owners agreed though that the difference was not that great or that the amount of colour seen in the William 80 FD was objectionable in any way. Any colour disappears on both scopes on all other objects.

Resolution/contrast: Seeing was very good 8/10. When viewing the Moon and Saturn the views through the William 80 FD were excellent. Pin points of light were seen at the crescent tip of the moon floating in space. Detail covered every part of the moon. Saturn showed low contrast cloud belts and Cassini's division. The views though the Televue 76 were similar. However on low contrast detail the William 80 FD seemed to outperform the Televue 76 showing ever slightly more detail, most notable on the moon. On a side note: last year at the same Star Party a owner of a 4" Astrophysics Traveler took a look through the William 80 FD commenting "very contrasty!".

On double stars I'd give the edge to the William's again. The sky appeared darker in field (maybe due to slightly higher magnification in the William's) and less glow was seen around brighter stars.

Construction: Both scopes are very well made and mechanics don't distract the user from usage. On pure style though the William's is a hands down winner. Lots of people came just to look at it. Its red, its different. It has a Apple Computer kind of style to it, almost Questar like (dare I say, oops just did ). This was one of the reasons I purchased this scope. It draws a crowd, prefect for public star parties.

Bottom line: So is a Televue 76 worth 50% more than a Williams 80 FD? Still hard to choose. Optically the televue should be better because its more expensive, right? But last night I couldn't see this. Whither its just that the optics are really good on this Williams 80 FD or just average on the Televue 76 I don't know. But If I restate the above question like this: Would I trade my William 80 FD for Televue 76? The answer would be a quick NO!

Isaac

Extracted from http://www.cloudynights.com/ubbarchive/ ... in/1560531
Last edited by Junming-jm on Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:41 pm, edited 14 times in total.
When you saw me on your optical lens or mirror it is late.
Junming-jm

Post by Junming-jm »

Price revised
Junming-jm

Post by Junming-jm »

Last edited by Junming-jm on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
shirox
Favourite scope: Takahashi FSQ85EDX

Post by shirox »

Junming-jm

Post by Junming-jm »

Ty s cant use computer for this year . So used mobile for that
Junming-jm

Post by Junming-jm »

Still available
Junming-jm

Post by Junming-jm »

Upupupupup .
Junming-jm

Post by Junming-jm »

Tmb/burgess eyepieces revised to 125 dollar
Junming-jm

Post by Junming-jm »

Upupup
Junming-jm

Post by Junming-jm »

Up up up