Some Eyepieces and Barlow to clear

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Some Eyepieces and Barlow to clear

Post by Airconvent »

Hi all,
Have the following to sell. Price is final, so only reply if its ok.
Thanks

Generic 40mm Plossl $40
Long Eye Relief 66deg FOV 20mm Plossl $50
Meade Series 4000 26mm $55

On top of that, I'm thinking of trading my Televue x2.5 Barlow with a 2 x Celestron Ultima Barlow + $30 neg. Reason being the x2.5 makes it difficult for me to calculate magnifications on my ETX and I really prefer a shorter Barlow. Else the TV is an excellent barlow. The TV 2.5 is about 8-9cm long and is the original TV barlow before it was replaced by the Powermate series.

Thanks for reading

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
fizzy123

Post by fizzy123 »

Hi rich,
can either the Televue barlow or the Celestron barlow work on the ETX60? Can u quote the minimum price u are selling? :wink: 8)
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

fizzy123 wrote:Hi rich,
can either the Televue barlow or the Celestron barlow work on the ETX60? Can u quote the minimum price u are selling? :wink: 8)
Hi
I haven't tried it myself, so not sure. I think the Celestron Ultima barlow should be ok as its quite short but you will have to try it out when you meet us at some sessions. so far have not been able to see you out in the field at all!
:roll:
I'm not really selling my TV Barlow, I actually like it very much but its a little too long and at x2.5, is difficult for me to mentally derive the mag while viewing, hence looking to trade down to an ultima barlow which I understand is quite a good one...BTW, CC has one so you can try his when you go for CSN..

rich
fizzy123

Post by fizzy123 »

Hi Rich,
where do u always observe? Dempsey? But any way if the barlow is short I think can use on ETX60. :wink: :wink: 8) :lol: :lol:
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

Hi fizzy123,

The Antares equivalent of the Celestron Ultima was tested on an ETX 60 once. I think I mentioned this a few times already, that though the barlow is useable on the ETX 60, eyepieces beyond a certain focal length (pity I can't remember the exact figure anymore) used with the barlow cannot come to focus in the ETX 60. The safest bet is to get the one which Meade themselves recommend. The Antares / Celestron Ultima barlows are already pretty short, but if you notice, the one which Meade designed for their ETX 60 / 70 seem to be even shorter.
Samuel Ng
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

fizzy123 wrote:Hi Rich,
where do u always observe? Dempsey? But any way if the barlow is short I think can use on ETX60. :wink: :wink: 8) :lol: :lol:
I normally observe at Dempsey but on occasion will also do it at my multistorey car park. When ever SP conducts her overnight sessions, I will also try to attend. Currently I am trying to improve on my star hopping to put my ED80 to better use after a very satisfying first light in Mersing recently.

Have you tried Astro science? You can always drop by with your scope (since it so compact) to ask to try before buying their barlows. Of course, the best solution is still to check with Sam on his selection. Maybe he will have one that can suit you? Else www.surplusshed.com may have some brand new generic ones you can buy. I bought from them a few times and they accept visa and are very prompt in delivery.

rich
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Upz...
items still available.
as usual, lots of queries but no sale ....sigh...
just to emphasise...i am NOT selling my TV barlow. Just exploring a trade for something I would kie to have, namely an celestron ultima barlow.
thanks

rich