Info on Constellations

Got a question on astronomy that you'd wanted to ask? Ask your questions here and see if the old timers can give you some good answers.
stargazer

Info on Constellations

Post by stargazer »

Hello All,

Can recommend any good book or website resources which detail the subject of interests and their locations in each of the 88 constellations? [smilie=admire.gif]
antares2063
Favourite scope: Newtonians

Re: Info on Constellations

Post by antares2063 »

Nowadays kino dont really sell star charts and altases. In some national libraries theres are some book on astro. One of them is Stars and Planets guide by Wil Tirion , you can check that out. Also can google www.constellation-guide .com

Regards
junwei
I miss the place where stars shine bright, to gaze upwards in awe of the sight
stargazer

Post by stargazer »

Thanks Bro. Yesterday I was looking at Saturn near scorpio. Thought of looking at clusters when moon is out. But realize without GOTO is not going to be that easy. So tot of knowing at least where these objects of interest are located in their constellations.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Hi
There are 2 good ones :
1. Will Tirion and Brina Skiff's Bright Star Atlas is an example. Astroscientific at the Science centre do sell it although it a little more advanced for the beginner.

2. DK Stars and Planets would be ideal for beginners as it outlines by constellations. I saw it selling in Kino previously.

The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
stargazer

Post by stargazer »

Airconvent wrote:Hi
There are 2 good ones :
1. Will Tirion and Brina Skiff's Bright Star Atlas is an example. Astroscientific at the Science centre do sell it although it a little more advanced for the beginner.
Thanks bro!