10 Years of Web Forum Excellence

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.
Gary

Re: 10 Years of Web Forum Excellence

Post by Gary »

nF wrote:oh yes, I still remember we met at the restaurant of ritz carlton for discussion on whether to move to a web forum or remain at yahoo group. And also whether to register as a official astronomy group which the later didn't go through. Then the webforum went into making after I got home as per my join date, the singastro logo, images and templates were then updated over the days by weicong.
Thanks for sharing. Glad the web forum decision got approved. Again, thanks for the Tapatalk. Thanks to weicong for the updates and also to Zong Yao for the last webforum software revamp.

Ritz Carlton. So there was champagne after all. :P

[smilie=cute2.gif]
http://www.astro.sg
email: gary[at]astro.sg
twitter: @astrosg

"The importance of a telescope is not how big it is, how well made it is.
It is how many people, less fortunate than you, got to look through it."
-- John Dobson.
Dark Neptune
Favourite scope: Sky-Watcher SkyMax 90mm, Coronado PST

Post by Dark Neptune »

Gary wrote:
nF wrote:oh yes, I still remember we met at the restaurant of ritz carlton for discussion on whether to move to a web forum or remain at yahoo group. And also whether to register as a official astronomy group which the later didn't go through. Then the webforum went into making after I got home as per my join date, the singastro logo, images and templates were then updated over the days by weicong.
Thanks for sharing. Glad the web forum decision got approved. Again, thanks for the Tapatalk. Thanks to weicong for the updates and also to Zong Yao for the last webforum software revamp.

Ritz Carlton. So there was champagne after all. :P

[smilie=cute2.gif]
Yup. Haha! Another 10 more years! And keep this thread noted down. We will be back in 2nd half 2023. Haha
Thanks.
nF
Administrator

Post by nF »

acc wrote:YQ wasn't the meeting at the Sheraton? :-)
oh my... must have mix it up with some other meeting. well whichever hotel it is, I am still glad singastro is still here as it is all possible because of the contributions, the sharing and of cos the effort all the members here gave to the astronomy scene in Singapore.
.___.
{O,o} O'RLY?
/)__)
-"-"-
starfinder

Post by starfinder »

Yes, Happy 10th Anniversary to this web forum!

Many thanks especially to the programmers, administrators and moderators for all the hard work and time!