WTS: Takahashi EM-1S with Berlebach Tripod

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
orly_andico

WTS: Takahashi EM-1S with Berlebach Tripod

Post by orly_andico »

This is a single-axis Takahashi EM-1S with a Berlebach short tripod. Note that it doesn't go down to zero latitude as is (you'll have to tilt the tripod or something) as I don't have a CNC wedge for this one. Notice that I've retrofitted Shimano clamps for the tripod legs, which are a nice upgrade. I've also replaced the slo-mo knobs with much nicer metal ones.

Note that it is northern hemisphere only (unless you switch some wires in the drive - I wrote an article here for when I took it to Australia)

https://www.andico.org/2017/06/takahash ... lysis.html

The EM-1S doesn't have a declination worm, only a tangent drive. So it cannot be converted to GoTo. Also, there is no RA guiding, unless you make your own RA drive with an Arduino.

That said.. it has very nice setting circles and will beat any Vixen Polarie or similar camera tracker. $700.

Notice that there are some patches of different-coloured paint because I used Canon L-lens paint to touch up some dings and they aren't exactly the same colour.

WhatsApp me 8-7-9-9 6-6-3-2