[SOLD] WTS: Complete Celestron C11 planetary imaging setup ... with free 1:1 tutorials!

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
DarrenE
Favourite scope: Celestron C11 XLT

[SOLD] WTS: Complete Celestron C11 planetary imaging setup ... with free 1:1 tutorials!

Post by DarrenE »

For health reasons, I have had to make the very hard decision to sell my planetary imaging rig.

Singapore is an excellent location for planetary imaging - being so close to the equator, the ecliptic and the planets are ideally located high in the sky and our seeing is frequently good, occasionally excellent!

This is a complete planetary imaging setup ... all you need is a laptop, and you're good to go! As a bonus, I'm happy to include 1:1 lessons in planetary data capture and image processing.

Whilst I have heard (at least opinions) that the quality of Celestron SCTs can vary a little, you needn't worry with this OTA - it's a proven performer capable of producing images that have won Astrobin's "image of the day" on four separate occasions, such as the image below (taken from my balcony here in Singapore):

You can find more examples on my Astrobin page: https://www.astrobin.com/users/DMach/

The OTA and most of the imaging rig is 2 years old, whilst the mount and imaging camera are 3 years old. All are in excellent condition, with the exception of the occasional scuff mark here and there consistent with frequent use (the tri-pier in particular). The C11 and imaging train components have always been stored in humidity-controlled storage. (The rig comes with a Hinso dry cabinet which accommodates the C11 just nicely.)

Full list of components in the imaging rig is as follows.

OTA and upgrades
Celestron C11 XLT CGE OTA
Bob's collimation knobs C11 (nightly collimation checks are essential for good quality images)
Feathertouch micro-focuser
Baader SCT/EHD Diamond Steeltrack Focuser
Baader Steeldrive II motorised focuser (Essential for achieving critical focus)
Baader 2" Click-lock adapter
Celestron star pointer finderscope (For quick alignment on bright visible planets)
TS-Optics 10x60 ED finder scope (For ice-giant hunting!)
Astrozap flexible dew shield C11

Imaging train
ASI290MC planetary imaging camera
Tele Vue 2" 2x Powermate
Tele Vue M42 T-Ring Adapter for 2" 2x Powermate
ZWO 1.25" Atmospheric Dispersion Corrector (Essential for when the planets are at lower elevations)
Teleskop Service T2 Quick Changer and 360 Degree Rotator (Allows quick and easy adjustment of camera orientation)
Astronomik L1 UV-IR Blocking Filter - T-Mount (Essential filter pairing for the one-shot colour camera)
Astrodon UVenus Filter - 1.25" Mounted (Capture the clouds on Venus!)
Astronomik ProPlanet 642 BP IR-Pass Filter - 1.25" (Reduces the impact of seeing for monochrome shots - yes, the 290MC is capable of IR imaging!)

Other accessories
Lymax cat cooler for C11-XLT (Reduce internal air currents due to temperature differentials)
TS-Optics Transport Bag for 10" and 11" Schmidt-Cassegrain
Hiniso 125L dry cabinet box (Essential for preventing fungal growth in Singapore's humidity)

Total retail value of the entire imaging rig in the country of manufacture (not including shipping and import GST) is equivalent to over SG$8,500**. Given the OTA and imaging chain are in near-new condition, and the proven results it is capable of producing, my asking price for the OTA and imaging equipment is SG$6,400 but I am open to reasonable offers. I would prefer to sell as a complete package, rather than breaking up the individual components.

**Please PM me if you would like a detailed break-down of the retail values.

I am also selling the mount, tri-pier and my telescope dolly (hand-made from locally source, recycled wood). The complete list of components here:

Mount, pier, cover and dolly
iOptron CEM60 Mount
iOptron Tri-pier with rolling case
iOptron CEM60 counterweights (5.5lb x 2)
TeleGizmos 365 weatherproof telescope cover
Custom, handmade telescope dolly

Total retail value of the entire mount setup in the country of manufacture (not including shipping and import GST) is equivalent to over SG$4,400**. As the tri-pier does have some scuff marks and chipped paint from frequent use, my asking price for the mount setup is SG$2,400 (again, open to reasonable offers).

**Please PM me if you would like a detailed break-down of the retail values.

Images of the setup:

Thank you for your time and attention!
Last edited by DarrenE on Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Claudiusdrusus
Favourite scope: Celestron Evolution

Re: WTS: Complete Celestron C11 planetary imaging setup ... with free 1:1 tutorials!

Post by Claudiusdrusus »

Dear Sir,

I am interested in potentially purchasing the entire rig from you. My wife is a passionate amateur Astronomer and I have been trying to come up with a perfect gift for her 50th Birthday in August. She uses a Celestron 6E currently but has been wanting an upgrade for a while but given the cost of the various components has been putting it off for some years now. This would be absolutely perfect.

Would you consider an immediate cash sale of $7,700 for the entire set up including mount, pier, cover and dolly? I can be reached on 97432957 to discuss.

Thank you very much and kindest regards,

Richard
DarrenE
Favourite scope: Celestron C11 XLT

Re: WTS: Complete Celestron C11 planetary imaging setup ... with free 1:1 tutorials!

Post by DarrenE »

Hi Richard,

This sounds like a perfect new home for my beloved imaging rig - I went through the same upgrade (6SE to C11) 2 years ago and, whilst it took a little time to learn how to manage a larger scope, was finally able to produce the images similar to those I kept seeing in the forums.

I'll give you a call later today to discuss.

Best regards,

Darren
Claudiusdrusus
Favourite scope: Celestron Evolution

Post by Claudiusdrusus »

Excellent, I look forward to your call.