Celestron C90 Mak Waterproof Spotting Scope on SALE!

Here is the place for vendors to make their product annoucement.
Jim McGill
Vendor

Celestron C90 Mak Waterproof Spotting Scope on SALE!

Post by Jim McGill »

Hi All,

We're most likely to have some stock for a new shipment. Anyone interested on this product?
http://www.celestron.com/prod_pgs/spot/c90_mak_04.htm

Selling at S$499 (nett). Comes with everything as mentioned above. Also includes 1pc of FREE Equator planisphere by The Night Sky.

Please SMS to 9108-1059 by Sat (19/11/05) to be in time for this shipment.

Thanks,
Jim, McGill
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

interesting Jim...I wonder how they made it water proof at the eyepiece unless the eyepiece is permanent and cannot be removed?
Or when they said water proof, they mean rain proof or splash proof and not that the scope can be dunked?

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
Aryanto

I got it but never put it into water yet.

Post by Aryanto »

I have this one. :-k-yeah:

Err, I have not tried putting into the water. It is like glass cover in front (it is a mak), and glass cover for the 2 whole at the back (to attach to eyepiece). So the entire thing is sealed.

It is quite light actually, which is why I buy this instead of some of the system offered to me previously. :k-woohoo:

But I end up combining it with sony T5 rather than sony F717. :k-hello:

Me thinking with all the total expenditure it is more justified to buy a cheaper system with new camera than just an expensive scope to combine with my F717 (not many scope fits with this guy due to big lense). :k-chuckle:

regards,
Aryanto
Aryanto

Picture of the "waterproofing"

Post by Aryanto »

Hi this is no pimping, OK? :roll:

I have this model (Celestron Mak C90) so I want to share the info so that people who are considering can see. I hope everybody doing the same to keep all informed. :wink:

I have taken pics: top view and front view to show the glass cover intended for waterproofing. I do not want to try to dunk this, even just splashing it with water intentionally. No way!

Back View next post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aryanto

Picture of the "waterproofing"

Post by Aryanto »

Hi this is no pimping, OK? :roll:

I have this model (Celestron Mak C90) so I want to share the info so that people who are considering can see. I hope everybody doing the same to keep all informed. :wink:

I have taken pics: back view to show the glass cover intended for waterproofing.

Front View and Top View in previous post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

This thread moved to Vendor forums from Equipment Discussions forums. McGill and mod pls note thanks.
We do it in the dark...
Portaball 12.5"
Takahashi Mewlon 210
William Optics 110ED
...and all night long!
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi Aryanto,
May be you can post a review of this mak under the review section, so that as what you said, people interested will know what will they be getting.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen: