STARMATRIX VIXEN CHRISTMAS TELESCOPE SALE

Here is the place for vendors to make their product annoucement.
blurblock

Re: Vixen Authorised Distributors

Post by blurblock »

lowrobin wrote:
acc wrote:All vendors are welcomed to advertise their astronomy items here.
I totally agreed with you, but if we are appointed as distributors of some items, that means we have to respected as one, we have put up a lot of efford to be distributor; money and time, kindly advise some vendors to have some business ethic to be in this business, there are still rules governing this free for all market! :wink:

Regards,

Robin Low
You should command respect, not demanding it. How and what you act command the respect from your compatriot and not demanding it just because you are the distributor. Please has some business ethic to be in this business.Try negotiation rather then intimidation without substances next time. I had never heard of rules stating other people, in this case parallel importers, are not allowed to post advertisment without due consent and blessing from the authorised distributors.

In a free market, the only rule I know is to earn the respect from your competitors and your customers. Mcgill had always been very well resepcted as a major telescope importer, dealer, distributor here in Singapore, until your intimidating message, which reflect you as being, putting it bluntly, a tactless, intolerant dealer.

I understand where you come from, but if the message is as such below, it serves the same purpose to diseminate the information rather then intimidation :

"Dear potential customers,

Please be noted McGill Commercial House is the Official Distributor of Vixen Japan Product in Singapore. Your warranty for Vixen products purchsed from parallel imported or unauthorised sources will not be honoured by Mcgill Commerical House.

Please support the authorised distributors to help us bring in more good optics for you at an affordable price.

Thank you for noting and we hope to be doing business with you in the foreseeable near future."
Last edited by blurblock on Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blurblock

Re: Vixen Distributorship

Post by blurblock »

lowrobin wrote:
Hi Elton,

I do not object any parallel import from other source, what I felt if the other party is advertising the same product in the same forum, they are harming our interest directly! and we can't let this matter went unobserved, being a distributor is a serious business with lots of commitment and investment. :wink:

Regards,

Robin Low
So you mean only "Authorised" Distributor should be advertising here and parallel importers should not..... once there is an authorised distributor for a certain product ...... maybe you should start your own forum instead.
gwenyi

Post by gwenyi »

hi all , just my 2 cents, just let the potential buyers source for their own means of getting the scopes/accessories be it through 'starmatrix' or 'mcgill'
river

Post by river »

To me, The most valuable asset for any vendor is his/her reputation. From that you gain respect, good review and buyers. It might takes donkey years to build but can all go down to drain with just one mistake.

An easy way to keep your reputation is not to destroy it yourself.

edited:
:offtopic:
Hi admin, Mike's vixen sales posting had been "hijacked" far away from his original intention. Is it ok to give his posting a cleaner look?
chunghooi

Re: Vixen Authorised Distributors

Post by chunghooi »

blurblock wrote:You should command respect, not demanding it.
:wink: :wink: :wink:
=============================================
At any rate, I am convinced that He [God] does not play dice.
Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)