LOMO Astele 150 Mak-Cassegrain OTA

Here is the place for vendors to make their product annoucement.
HoO_Germany
Vendor

LOMO Astele 150 Mak-Cassegrain OTA

Post by HoO_Germany »

This very superb planetary telescope is a special offer from HoO Germany.
The optical quality of this telescope with L/8 ptv vawefront at 623,8nm is very high.
For watching Planets or Planetary Nebulas, Starclusters or the Moon surface is this telescope one of the best choices a astronomer can do.
Aperture 6" f/14.2

Its small weight and sizes guarantee you to not need a heavy mount to be able to enjoy this telescope.
The mount dove tail is adaptive to Vixen / Synta / Celestron ADM mounts.
Even as a good transportable telescope makes this LOMO a good figure.

On board including is a 90° 8x 40 finderscope with upside but not rightside watch
(it shows you the same image like the scope) in a very good quality and the bracket.
Further contains a metal dew-shield and a dew cab for the optic. As a gift will come a 32mm Plossl 1,25".
The introduce price for this very good telescope is now 1500 Euro plus shipping to Singapore (or other countryes).

More informations about this scope you can find here
http://www.hoo-germany.de/produkt.php?prd=25

Clear skys
Robert
House of Optics Germany
Intes-Micro/Ylena/STF/LOMO/Synta
www.hoo-germany.de
e-mail: info(@)hoo-germany.de
Tel.: +49 2452 976144
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

Hi Robert,

How is the scope's performance compared to a 6" TEC or 6" Quantum Maksutov? because for about the same price we can get a 7" DK-Cass here.

cheers,
Arief
HoO_Germany
Vendor

Post by HoO_Germany »

Hi Arief

I want to write your sincerly, I never had a 6" TEC or a Quantum Mak- in direct comparance with a LOMO telescope. So what I can write is only my expiriences made with the Lomo where the performace in contrast and sharpness are very high. You will not find any aspheric or other errors on the optics, the stars are tiny pontes until the edge. I had comparances to Intes Micro telescopes, where there are no or not much differences. But in direct difference to a DK-Cass you will become as following advantages. For a DK-Cass you will ever need some "better" eyepieces like the Naglers or Panoptics, otherwise you will have as same star-coma at the edges as a f/5 Newton without a corrector. Further a DK-Cass MUST be collimated very very good, to become really pin-points stars. If you use long-focal Plossls or Erfles, you will get some really not nice stars to see. Not to forget a very heavy tubus at a DK-Cass. All this "problems" you don´t have to look on, with a Mak-Cassegrain. There you can use normaly Plossls as you wish.
I don´t want to make the DK-Cass worster compared to a Mak-Cassegrain, but I think as you use yourself a Tak and a Mak-Cass, you know what I´m talking about.
As to stay fair, I know a Tak DK-Cass is a really very good telescope, but also the Lomos are not worster. So I see and know, each telescope will have its own advantages and desadvantages compair to another.

Clear skys
Robert
House of Optics Germany
Intes-Micro/Ylena/STF/LOMO/Synta
www.hoo-germany.de
e-mail: info(@)hoo-germany.de
Tel.: +49 2452 976144
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

hi Robert

Thanks for the comments.

cheers,