Observation In South East area

For people new to astronomy who want to ask those questions that they were afraid to ask. Receive helpful answers here.
haejae
Favourite scope: astromaster 130eq:p

Re: Observation In South East area

Post by haejae »

Thanks for the encouragement junwei haha. Will not give up! [smilie=freezing.gif]
haejae
Favourite scope: astromaster 130eq:p

Re: Observation In South East area

Post by haejae »

Haha thank you for the advice and encouragement. clear skies ahead!
Aphasia

Re: Observation In south east area

Post by Aphasia »

antares2063 wrote:Well i stay in the East too, you may try Bedok Reservoir or East Coast Park . FOr East Coast Park there is a big field 100m away from the Hawker Center, the coconut patch of ECP near the ex-Goldkist chalet has been boarded up so that site is out. Try to get away from the jogging path lights if you can. And try aim for the brighter DSOs...galaxies in Singapore are tough. You are using a starchart apps on your mobile phone i guess?

As what greatredspot mentioned in your other thread, the haze is the problem, it kills everything visually even for bright stars. Need too tahan till the fires are gone for good...

As for public sessions, of cos u are welcome to join, age isnt an issue. Not much on now due to the extent of this haze.

Regards
Junwei
Hi, i'm a newbie just bought a scope a few months back, i brought my scope out to a field in the east and thought i'd suggest it as a spot for star gazing. I'm not sure if its a good spot though plenty street lights around but i managed to see quite a few stars.

The field is at Tampines Avenue 10 behind SCDF HQ 2nd Division. :P