A Personal Introduction to Singastro

For people new to astronomy who want to ask those questions that they were afraid to ask. Receive helpful answers here.
simei-sky

Post by simei-sky »

And it is still going strong...May it live for another 120 years!!! as the saying goes
rlow

Post by rlow »

Very interesting history! Its good that this astro community is going on strong!
Cover was recently blown by very Vigilant News Reporter, Mr "A".
and always buying and selling telescopes.
Are these two quotes refering to the same person? :lol:
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

Are these two quotes refering to the same person?
Yes, Mr. "ACC"
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

Eh.... I wasn't the one who broke the cover on Vin's scope wor... As for the buying and selling of telescopes, yes, I am guilty as charged! :) But do count airconvent and vinsnr as my fellow comrades heheh :)
We do it in the dark...
Portaball 12.5"
Takahashi Mewlon 210
William Optics 110ED
...and all night long!
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

azri wrote:So that's how it all started... I guess you can add Brunei to your growing international component... or were there Bruneians here before? :)
Hi Azri! Welcome to Singastro. I do believe you are the first Bruneian here! Hope to see you in one of our events in Singapore one day.
We do it in the dark...
Portaball 12.5"
Takahashi Mewlon 210
William Optics 110ED
...and all night long!
kingkong

Post by kingkong »

acc wrote: Hi Azri! Welcome to Singastro. I do believe you are the first Bruneian here! Hope to see you in one of our events in Singapore one day.
ya azri, let we both go join their mersing trip next time.... fly myy-jb airasia... hang on... may be we have pretty good dark sky sites nearer here ... but the haze this couple of weeks very bad lah.... and where i'm, the sunsets are very good that normally means humidity high, seeing not very good and cloud cover average quite high... i think same for seria side. don't know about bsb, but kk side clear sky average very good.
rlow

Post by rlow »

Quote:Cover was recently blown by very Vigilant News Reporter, Mr "A".

Quote:and always buying and selling telescopes.

Are these two quotes refering to the same person?
Another strong candidate: someone who just bought his 5th (or 6th?) C8 (hint:orange) !!! :lol:
mrngbss

Post by mrngbss »

Interesting account of Singastro. Amazing what passion can do to small startups and the influence it can rub on others! Learnt a great deal and (bought a great deal) too! :D :D :P :P
Wee Nghee the Pooh
azri

Post by azri »

kingkong wrote:
acc wrote: Hi Azri! Welcome to Singastro. I do believe you are the first Bruneian here! Hope to see you in one of our events in Singapore one day.
ya azri, let we both go join their mersing trip next time.... fly myy-jb airasia... hang on... may be we have pretty good dark sky sites nearer here ... but the haze this couple of weeks very bad lah.... and where i'm, the sunsets are very good that normally means humidity high, seeing not very good and cloud cover average quite high... i think same for seria side. don't know about bsb, but kk side clear sky average very good.
Thank you ACC... *waves all the way to Singapore* :)

Heheh... sounds tempting kingkong! When the skies are clear with time and energy permitting, I drive 40 km away from BSB to dark skies. It's not bad! Maybe in the future we'll have a small get together for us in Borneo :)
Last edited by azri on Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Welcome to Singastro Azri! and yes, I think you are officially the first Bruneian here! :D
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets