WTS: 1kg Campo Del Cielo meteorite [WENT TO A GOOD HOME]

Have an old aquarium or bicycle you don't need anymore? Here is the place to sell your unwanted (non-astro) items to a friendly Singastroian. Your junk might be someone else's treasure! Strictly for non-commerical use only.
Great Red Spot
Favourite scope: Newtonian

WTS: 1kg Campo Del Cielo meteorite [WENT TO A GOOD HOME]

Post by Great Red Spot »

Do you want to own a portion of the outer space? Selling my Campo Del Cielo meteorite weighing about 1kg.

This is one of the few versions of Iron-Nickel meteorites (another common example is Nantan meteorite). It is therefore quite heavy for its size.

People usually slice the meteorite into thin pieces and clean them with acid to reveal the Widmanstätten pattern, which is a structural characteristic of Iron-Nickel (FeNi). The beautiful slices are then made into decorative items (see my egg and pendant in the last few pictures).

Since meteorites are plentiful, they do not usually come with certificates of authenticity. Got it from a very trusted local mineral supplier, who is a personal friend. I can also personally assure you the authenticity of this piece. I'm an experienced mineral collector (see the last picture for a small portion of my collection).

Since astro is as expensive as mineral collection, some things have to go. I'm offering this raw meteorite for $300 (REDUCED to $200). Guaranteed cheapest price in Singapore. Try going into any mineral shop in Singapore and ask for the price of a 1kg Campo Del Cielo (if they even have one ...).

I welcome you to come and see my mineral collection and I am happy to explain more.

Interested? Contact Alvin at 973111zerofive

Last edited by Great Red Spot on Thu May 29, 2014 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Great Red Spot

Re: WTS: 1kg Campo Del Cielo meteorite [$250 - REDUCED]

Post by Great Red Spot »

Up
Great Red Spot

Re: WTS: 1kg Campo Del Cielo meteorite [$200 - REDUCED2]

Post by Great Red Spot »

Up