Insights of astronomy hobbyist on star trackers

Here is the place to talk about all those equipment(Telescope, Mounts, Eyepieces, etc...) you have. Not sure which scope/eyepiece is best for you? Trash it out here!
RichardMu
Favourite scope: SkyQuest XT4.5

Insights of astronomy hobbyist on star trackers

Post by RichardMu »

Hi everyone!

Richard is here, and I have just become a new member of SingAstro website, while I only started my journey in astronomy earlier these days. Thank you for all the kind helps all of you have offered me, and I still have a huge amount of knowledge to learn.

As is known by many of astronomy hobbyists, automated SE mount for star tracking telescope/camera has a relatively reasonable portability, yet it is still heavy. Some students in Singapore University of Technology and Design, including me, move ahead to design a "star tracker".

Definitely, opinions and comments from either professional astronomical photographers and amateur astronomy hobbyists are significant to this design. Can we seek your kind help to spend 3 minutes in filling up this user survey below? Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated. link: https://runefeather1.typeform.com/to/ZLKpCD

:mryellow:
Richard
geyes30

Re: Insights of astronomy hobbyist on star trackers

Post by geyes30 »

Maybe I can save you a few weeks' pain. Skywatchers and iOptron both have very popular star trackers for photography use. Smaller alt-az mounts than nex star are also available. Not sure why this is needed.