Lunt Solar Scope : Live-view in Singapore : Need Advice

Here is the place to talk about all those equipment(Telescope, Mounts, Eyepieces, etc...) you have. Not sure which scope/eyepiece is best for you? Trash it out here!
gchugh

Lunt Solar Scope : Live-view in Singapore : Need Advice

Post by gchugh »

Hi

I need some guidance on buying a Lunt solar scope. I am leaning towards a Lunt 80 DS pressure tuned from US seller. However, laughingly (or because of lack of solar parties during pandemic), I have never seen a live view in Ha, although I have done a year worth of research online. I dont know how good views are in SG with these systems. I am not keen on white light.

Can someone advise on this matter or better help me take a look through their Lunt scope? Cost is not a major issue for me as long as I get the visual as good as the pics online show. I am more about visual and can handle the weather aspect.

Look forward to guidance from the good folks here! Thanks in advance.

Gaurav
rcj
Vendor

Re: Lunt Solar Scope : Live-view in Singapore : Need Advice

Post by rcj »

Hi Guarav,

Although I don't do much solar observing or imaging, but have seen in real-time how the Sun's surface look in hydrogen-alpha, through fellow astro enthusiats' instruments over the years in our public outreach activities or during MY trips. It can be an awesome experience "zooming" into the prominences and flares, and one can actually see how it progresses over tens of minutes. Nevertheless, there are far more experienced solar enthusiasts here that can offer their experiences and perspectives. But I don't think you won't go wrong with enjoying the Sun in its hydrogen-alpha's perspective. Go well!
Photon Bucket
http://www.celestialportraits.com
Facebook page: celestialportraits