First mosaicing experience.

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
LookingForScope

First mosaicing experience.

Post by LookingForScope »

Full moon and cloudless night! Shot over 17 GB of data to make this moon mosaic mainly because I dont know what I was doing. Turns out because I dont have a tracking mount, only very short AVI videos of 25 frames can be used in Autostakkert and stabilised. But overall, this has been a fun experience!!

I do have a question though, how do you stich the images together though? I used Microsoft Image Composite Editor and its works fine but created a white halo around the moon in the final image.
Also, I wonder if there is a difference if we process each segment of image in Registax wavelet first then stich together or if we stich the segments together then do wavelet processing?
Lastly, how do you ensure even exposure? and how do you correct for it in post? Advices greatly appreciated!! Please enjoy the photo! Thanks!!