Frustrated with Vpost

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.
Canopus Lim

Post by Canopus Lim »

How long does it take to ship from the USA VPOST to Singapore address? How reliable is this service?
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

Canopus Lim wrote:How long does it take to ship from the USA VPOST to Singapore address? How reliable is this service?
Very fast...normally 4 days. As I said....it is like DHL.

Once you have paid, they will send it to you very fast.

The problem is getting them to bill you. They take a long time on this sometimes. Reason is because they need you to show them a receipt, or a paypal invoice so that they can calculate GST. And even after you send it to them, they keep saying you didn't send that....

haiz...
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

Reason is because they need you to show them a receipt, or a paypal invoice so that they can calculate GST.
not sure if you actually need to send receipt or paypal invoice. i normally just email them the product description, price, and seller name. they come back with the bill a few days later
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

ariefm71 wrote:
Reason is because they need you to show them a receipt, or a paypal invoice so that they can calculate GST.
not sure if you actually need to send receipt or paypal invoice. i normally just email them the product description, price, and seller name. they come back with the bill a few days later
Their website instructions say must send mah....
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

ariefm71 wrote:Quote:Reason is because they need you to show them a receipt, or a paypal invoice so that they can calculate GST.

Their website instructions say must send mah....
maybe a regular customer has different treatment :-)
Aryanto

Post by Aryanto »

BTW, today I just found out that SingPost (owner of Vpost) is merging its operation with a partner... guess who? DHL!
blurblock

Post by blurblock »

Where did you get the information from?
jermng

Post by jermng »

They;re advertising pretty big all over the news papers ... full page ads ... :)
You can go to their website and take a look, but I don;t know whether it applies to Vpost, cos if I'm not wrong, the package is only transferred to SpeedPost when it arrives in Spore for Islandwide delivery ... from the US, it comes by some "normal" mail way (if there's such a thing)... which I think is the same plane anyway, just a different dept handling the package.
Jeremy Ng
C8, CR-150HD, TMB 80 f/6
Orion SVP Intelliscope, AstroSlew I
Minolta Activa 12x50WA
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

My frustrations with them continues....

Now even better. Recently, I made a few US purchases and they are all sent to Vpost USA. In all cases, I forwarded them my invoice the moment after I made those transactions.

I am facing a few problems now. First, after sending them the invoice and after they recorded my invoice into their system, they now couldn't match the received item with my invoice. Then they keep asking me for the invoice. But I told them that they receive the invoice already and it is already in their system. Interestingly, when they ask me for the invoice, they stated the sender's name. That name is the same as the name that was in their system. How come they couldn't match? I mean my name is on the box, the sender's name is on the box, all these names are in their system...and they couldn't match??????

But worse of all is this. I bought a video camera worth more than a thousand bucks. UPS showed that the item has been received by Vpost USA on the 19/4. VPost didn't give me any email (and bill me for it) that they already received it. I send them an email with the UPS tracking number and said that they should have receive it. No answer to my emails. Then I called Vpost yesterday and they couldn't find it!!! And you know what, Vpost liability is up to SGD$60 dollars only. Meaning if they lose my camera, they will only return me 60 bucks.

Am I always bad luck with Vpost or what? But my impression is that they are not very professional and emails are never answered.
jermng

Post by jermng »

Did you give them a few days? It usually takes 2-4 days before they actually process the items received and get it reflected on the website. I've always known them not to reply emails immediately but normally get one in 2-3 days. They sometimes reply at weird times which makes me think sometimes the office in the US handles certain emails regarding processing.
I'm waiting for a new toy to ship to Vpost too ... dun get me worried ... hee hee ... :)
Jeremy Ng
C8, CR-150HD, TMB 80 f/6
Orion SVP Intelliscope, AstroSlew I
Minolta Activa 12x50WA