Observation Report - 04 Nov 2003 20:00 - 05 Nov 2003 00:30

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Observation Report - 04 Nov 2003 20:00 - 05 Nov 2003 00:30

Post by weixing »

Date: 04 Nov 2003
Site: Grass patch beside Tampines Stadium's Car Park

08:00 - A few cloud moving across the sky as I was testing my mount and CP4500 digital camera setting on Moon and Mar.

10:00 - Light pollution was greatly reduce as the stadium and swimming pool's flood light were off. The sky was very clear now, but the Moon was very bright, so there was a region where stars were wash out.

11:00 - Orion raise above the stadium. Able to easily see M42 and M43. M45 can also be easily see with naked eye... :)

05 Nov 2003 00:00 - The saturn also raise above the stadium... Attempt to take a image at saturn, but not very successful and also no time... tomorrow had to work... :(

05 Nov 2003 00:30 - Pack up and call it a day.

Overall, this was a very clear and fruitful observation session, one of the best night I had. Also, two strangers (now should call friends... forget their names... real bad memory :( ) who are interested and new to astronomy saw me in the field and approach me. I shown them the Moon, Mar, M42 & M43 and saturn through my scope and M45 through my finder... ha ha :) I also ask them to visit SingAstro website (see, I didn't forget to mention SingAstro)... wonder when will see their names here... :D

OK... Have go to bed now... :D
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Re: Observation Report - 04 Nov 2003 20:00 - 05 Nov 2003 00:

Post by Airconvent »

weixing wrote:Date: 04 Nov 2003
Site: Grass patch beside Tampines Stadium's Car Park

08:00 - A few cloud moving across the sky as I was testing my mount and CP4500 digital camera setting on Moon and Mar.

10:00 - Light pollution was greatly reduce as the stadium and swimming pool's flood light were off. The sky was very clear now, but the Moon was very bright, so there was a region where stars were wash out.

11:00 - Orion raise above the stadium. Able to easily see M42 and M43. M45 can also be easily see with naked eye... :)

05 Nov 2003 00:00 - The saturn also raise above the stadium... Attempt to take a image at saturn, but not very successful and also no time... tomorrow had to work... :(

05 Nov 2003 00:30 - Pack up and call it a day.

Overall, this was a very clear and fruitful observation session, one of the best night I had. Also, two strangers (now should call friends... forget their names... real bad memory :( ) who are interested and new to astronomy saw me in the field and approach me. I shown them the Moon, Mar, M42 & M43 and saturn through my scope and M45 through my finder... ha ha :) I also ask them to visit SingAstro website (see, I didn't forget to mention SingAstro)... wonder when will see their names here... :D

OK... Have go to bed now... :D
Hi Weixing,
Glad to see you are putting in some productive hours in the midst of the monsoon period! As you have demonstrated, it does not need for us to
"organise" an observation session. Just a bunch of us setting up in a high human traffic area and can capture the passerbys.
rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets