WTB: Orthoscopic Eyepieces

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
lowrobin
Vendor

7mm Ort

Post by lowrobin »

jermng wrote:Sorry, I'm looking for a 7mm Ortho.
What is the reason you only need Ort? Pl is just as good with good eye relief, before a pl eyepiece was create, Ort is a good choice, but now Pl. eyepiece in term of performence is surpass the Ort because the field of view is bigger.

Cheers

Robin Low
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

He doesn't require large fov because he's got a tracking mount and he'll be using it for planets only, and he prefers Ortho. The best planetary EP (TMB Supermono) has 30 degree fov only.
blurblock

Re: 7mm Ort

Post by blurblock »

lowrobin wrote:
jermng wrote:Sorry, I'm looking for a 7mm Ortho.
What is the reason you only need Ort? Pl is just as good with good eye relief, before a pl eyepiece was create, Ort is a good choice, but now Pl. eyepiece in term of performence is surpass the Ort because the field of view is bigger.

Cheers

Robin Low
Maybe he is only interested in looking at planets with the Orth ..... which does not require a wider field of view and orthoscopic eyepieces excel better .... a lot better ......
denebman

Post by denebman »

I've spent enormous time doing hair split comparison of my eyepiece collection. In terms of contrast and sharpness in the center field of view, the TMB supermono outperforms Nagler zoom, Abbe orthoscopic and televue plossls.
10" Telekit with Zambuto optics~TMB 152/1200 (construction)~Takashi Mewlon 210~TMB 80/600
jermng

Post by jermng »

Thanks Arief, blurblock and Liuming for replying for me ... :)

Robin, I think you should respect what people want to buy and as a vendor not question people's choice of products. So what if I want to get a 7mm Huygen or MA EP? That's my choice as a consumer and you as a vendor should respect that.
It's a different story if a vendor recommends an alternative option that's suitable for the purposes of the buyer or is a better option that the buyer's choice, but since when has the Skywatcher LE Plossl surpassed the performance of the Ortho other than with FOV? Other than FOV, you've gotta consider contrast, eye relief (long is not always a good thing esp for non spectable wearers as blackout can occur), sharpness at high mag etc.
So far, the Skywatcher plossls or plossls in general I've tried have not been able to match any ortho for planetary work. (I have yet to try the TV Plossl)
Yes, Plossls are really good EPs, and I enjoy using them all the time, but EP designs have their limitations and there are different designs for a reason.
You're recommending me apples when I want to get oranges, yes they're both fruits, but their entirely different!
EP design aside, ultimately, I was looking for a 7mm but none of the EPs you have recommended so far have the number 7 in them ....

I'm not trying to be difficult - I have had many other local and online vendors recommend me alternatives that have performed well and made me enjoy my evenings. I just do not like to be offered excess stock that totally do not match what I want, both in terms of EP design and focal length in this case.

Back to my original post .... I'm looking for a 7mm Orthoscopic .... I'm actually flexible if anyone has something close to this, a 7.5mm Tak Ortho or similar also can. Thanks for looking!

Cheers!
Jeremy Ng
C8, CR-150HD, TMB 80 f/6
Orion SVP Intelliscope, AstroSlew I
Minolta Activa 12x50WA
MooEy

Post by MooEy »

i'm letting go of my tak 7.5mm LE, only problem is that it is no where near the price of the those UO like orthos. can sms me if u are interested.

~MooEy~
jermng

Post by jermng »

Mooey, Charlie told me bout your Taks .. HAHA .. which is why I mentioned them .. :) Thinking of trying out the Burgess/TMB 6 from acc. At f/10 it should be ok ... :)
If can't get that then I'll get the Tak ... :)
Jeremy Ng
C8, CR-150HD, TMB 80 f/6
Minolta Activa 12x50WA
anat

Post by anat »

Koksai Kohki sells the Ortho EPs at about S$55 each.
http://www.kkohki.com/products/OR.html
They ship overseas. I also plan to get one :)

It seems to be the same as the UO ortho as can be noticed from the Circle-T.

Anat
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

Anat, Nihongo o hanasemasen, can you help me order a 9mm kk ortho together with your order?

thanks!
Arief
jermng

Post by jermng »

When are you all ordering? I might need a 7mm if the 6mm that's coming is too high mag for practical use ... :) It's a pity they don't make an 8mm ... :)
Jeremy Ng
C8, CR-150HD, TMB 80 f/6
Minolta Activa 12x50WA