Pentax DSLR for Astrophotography??

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

hi zong..metal shells are usually aluminium or some similar alloy to keep them light...not steel...so rust is not a problem...anyway, the deal is still pretty good..
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
The Nikon D50 was rated by some sites as having lower noice than the 350D! but it has a big/heavy bodt like the old Canon 300D.
Hmm... I don't think so. At normal shot (short exposure), normally noise will not be an issue for any camera, but when come to long exposure, noise will be an issue. At the moment, Canon still produce the lowest noise camera. Also, Nikon D70 (I think Nikon D50 is still the same) don't produce a true RAW files and the noise reduction it use will apply some sort of "blurring" filter to the image causing some detail to be lost.

Anyway, my recommendation is that if you really serious about using the DSLR for astrophotography, select a canon DSLR.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
HoO_Germany
Vendor

Post by HoO_Germany »

I agree fully with Weixing

Clear skys
Robert
House of Optics Germany
Intes-Micro/Ylena/STF/LOMO/Synta
www.hoo-germany.de
e-mail: info(@)hoo-germany.de
Tel.: +49 2452 976144
blurblock

Post by blurblock »

Just a question ..... why no one says anything about Minolta system? :D
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

blurblock wrote:Just a question ..... why no one says anything about Minolta system? :D
minolta has quit the digital imaging business. they have transferred all their warranty support and assets to sony...
otherwise the 5D (SLR with stablisation) would be a good day camera...
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
blurblock

Post by blurblock »

Well, it is still supported by Sony :D ..... Anyway, I just bought a Minolta 5D :D, it is a super light DSLR .... Very much lighter then the rest of the SLR and DSLR I had used :D.