-SOLD-: 4.5 Inch Meade Newtonian OTA -SOLD-

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
adree

-SOLD-: 4.5 Inch Meade Newtonian OTA -SOLD-

Post by adree »

Hi all,

Im selling a 4.5 inch Meade Newtonian OTA(short)
Specs - F/8 (1000 focal length)
Comes with 2" eye piece adaptor, 6x30 viewfinder, and scope bracket(slightly modified to be mounted on a sturdy camera tripod).

There are some slight dents, and the scope cover is missing. Please do ask all questions and check out the scope before committing to buy it.

Serious buyers please. Please PM me if you're interested in it.

RP is $120. Better price for fuss-free and quick deal. :D
Attached are pictures of the scope.[/i]
Attachments
4.5" Meade Newtonian
4.5" Meade Newtonian
final.jpg (42.03 KiB) Viewed 4987 times
Last edited by adree on Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Re: WTS: 4.5 Inch Meade Newtonian OTA

Post by Airconvent »

adree wrote:Hi all,

Im selling a 4.5 inch Meade Newtonian OTA(short)
Specs - F/8 (1000 focal length)
Comes with 2" eye piece adaptor, 6x30 viewfinder, and scope bracket(slightly modified to be mounted on a sturdy camera tripod).

There are some slight dents, and the scope cover is missing. Please do ask all questions and check out the scope before committing to buy it.

Serious buyers please. Please PM me if you're interested in it.

RP is $120. Better price for fuss-free and quick deal. :D
Attached are pictures of the scope.
wow..$120 is cheap! should be able to make one of the newcomers happy...
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
adree

Post by adree »

This item is still up!!
" Boundaries don't hold us. Don't let them hold you. The only boundary is your imagination. "
Vince

Post by Vince »

adree wrote:This item is still up!!
Any idea where to check out the specs of this scope? Stuff like astrophotography resolution, maximum usable magnification etc.
I can only identify Orion! :shock:
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

From the pic, it looks like the OTA from a former version of the Meade DS-2114ATS.

There's a table here with the specs.
http://www.meade.com/catalog/ds2000/ds_meade.html

Use as a reference only, but don't believe everything you see in such tables - especially the maximum practical visual power part.
Samuel Ng
Vince

Post by Vince »

harlequin2902 wrote:From the pic, it looks like the OTA from a former version of the Meade DS-2114ATS.

There's a table here with the specs.
http://www.meade.com/catalog/ds2000/ds_meade.html

Use as a reference only, but don't believe everything you see in such tables - especially the maximum practical visual power part.
Thanks for the info Sam! I remember I bought my T-Adapter and T-ring from you a year (or two) ago!...you probably can't remember me though hehehe

BTW, do you have any clue as to the improvement I might get with this scope over my C90?
I can only identify Orion! :shock:
blurblock

Post by blurblock »

think the maximum paractical visual power is only about 225x ..... 50x per inch .....
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

Thanks for the info Sam! I remember I bought my T-Adapter and T-ring from you a year (or two) ago!...you probably can't remember me though hehehe

BTW, do you have any clue as to the improvement I might get with this scope over my C90?
Vincent Wang, EOS t-ring and eyepiece projection t-adapter. Of course I remember :D

If you are comparing between your C90 and this 114mm, I personally feel that though your C90 is smaller, it is still the better of the two where build and optics are concerned.

I wouldn't think that there will be any great improvement over your current C90, but it is afterall going for just S$120 and already comes tripod mountable - so if you want a new scope to play with, no harm going for it :D
Samuel Ng
Kelvin

Post by Kelvin »

Kelvin here,
Yes, hey give me your mail, mine is wasing87@hotmail.com
I insterested...........if i buying can you MOD your scope to be mounted in a carmera tripod ??
blurblock

Post by blurblock »

Hehehe ..... he already stated it is modified to be mounted on a carmera tripod mah :) ....... wat more you want? ;)

----- copied ----
------ end of copying ----------