Newbie here .... problem with Adapter

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
blurblock

Newbie here .... problem with Adapter

Post by blurblock »

I tried using a T-adapter on my telescope, with my 10D, when I insert the eyepiece into the adapter, I cannot seem to focus as it was way too long, any rememdy for that? or should I get eyepieces of lower power to work with my adapter?
VinSnr
Administrator

Re: Newbie here .... problem with Adapter

Post by VinSnr »

blurblock wrote:I tried using a T-adapter on my telescope, with my 10D, when I insert the eyepiece into the adapter, I cannot seem to focus as it was way too long, any rememdy for that? or should I get eyepieces of lower power to work with my adapter?
what eyepiece and what scope are you using?

take a picture of your setup and show it here.
blurblock

Post by blurblock »

It is a made it yourself Reflector I bought from Cindy :). Very good viewing scope (Managed to pick up Saturn with 1 moon and Jupiter with 4 moons), but the focus distance seems to be exactly for viewing as the eyepieces is slotted in to it's minimum focus distance with little to spare.

It's 1 x 15mm possl eyepiece and 1 x 7mm OR eyepiece (Manage to get some toy eyepieces from a toy telescope, 20mm , 12.5mm and 8mm, which incidentally is pretty good with the scope).

Will using a barlow lens help in this case?

The Adapter I am using is a Celestron Camera Adapter.
Grievous

Post by Grievous »

Hi blurblock,
if you refer to a Celestron Camera Adapter, i supposed you're refering to a eyepiece projection adapter? Usually, the image will turn out rather dimmed so you gonna have a sharp eye to see what you're shooting, a barlow may help but it will be better if someone with experience comes along (VinSnr prehaps?). Im not very well-versed in
DSLR/SLRs since when i made the un-returnable road to the Digital last year...but have some experience in SLRs nonetheless, have a poorman's FM10 too! :p Anyway, hope this helps...now i just need to wait for my CP4500 to come back from my sis'....

Charlie
The gentle light of a distant galaxy
must needs pour into mine eye.
Or i shall with bent and turned,
fall me down, distraught..To die.