Another Newbie On board

Got a question on astronomy that you'd wanted to ask? Ask your questions here and see if the old timers can give you some good answers.
Kelvin

Post by Kelvin »

Hey, man , me too is a newbie and me observe outside mine window of HDB flat, (Yishun) though not very wide view but still ok, light polluction a problem thru. mainly over the horizon.

I did try to observe outside when i was younger and i worried someone may let loose a dog and bite me !! hahah.

Anyway carpark is good idea, bring along a electronic mosquite repellent then, i work for me !! Me still looking a for scope and own a a pair of 8x30mm bincolars.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Kelvin wrote:Hey, man , me too is a newbie and me observe outside mine window of HDB flat, (Yishun) though not very wide view but still ok, light polluction a problem thru. mainly over the horizon.

I did try to observe outside when i was younger and i worried someone may let loose a dog and bite me !! hahah.

Anyway carpark is good idea, bring along a electronic mosquite repellent then, i work for me !! Me still looking a for scope and own a a pair of 8x30mm bincolars.
for a bino, try to get a deck chair or some of those portable inflatable beds.
otherwise after a while, your neck can snap off! my experience is electronic mosquito repellents are not as effective as the spray on type.
Anyhow, if you observe from the top floor of a multistorey car park, there are normally no cars and no mosquitoes plus it is usually very clean.
If you do not have a telescope, ensure that you have a copy of the star chart or something, so when the police drops by, they can be convinced you REALLY are observing and not some individual named "Tom".

:lol:
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets