New Astrophotography

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
shark

Post by shark »

Oic....just visited both their website. I'm staying at Telok Blangah area.
Btw....saw McGill website promoting the Sky-Watcher ViewMax 127 Maksutov-Casssegrain for beginer selling at $1300. Any comments?

Can you guys enlighten me what is a mount for?
blurblock

Post by blurblock »

A Mount is like a tripod that is used to hold the telescope. There are two main type of telescope mount, the Altzimah and Equatorial mount. A mount is as important as the telescope itself. An unstable mount will not be able to show you stable picture or take a good picture.

If you want to buy a MCT for sky-watcher view max 127, buy it from Weixing. He wants to sell his old view max 127 at a pretty good price. Since that is a first scope for you, there is no reason for it to be ultra good, just to bring you to the world.
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
The Sky-Watcher ViewMax 127 Maksutov-Casssegrain is great scope at a great price. I also got one, but I'm putting it on-sale, because I just buy another scope... :) Anyway, you can check out the images that post by me in the gallery, it all taken from the ViewMax 127.

A mount is basically used to support the scope OTA (Optical Tube Assembly). There are a few type of them, but I would recommend you the EQ mount, because EQ mount is most non-dependence to the OTA and can be use for long exposure astrophotography. When I mean non-dependance to the OTA, I mean that you can buy any OTA from one manufacturer and still can mount on to any EQ mount (with suitable tube ring) from another manufacturer.

Hope the information is useful. Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
shark

Post by shark »

Really appreciate you guys for sharing the information with me. :D I have a clearer picture now. BTW, how much are you selling your ViewMax 127?
Grievous

Post by Grievous »

Hi Shark,
I live near the Ikea building. But wouldnt be active from next week onwards due to NS. Will be glad to share tips with you. :)

Charlie
The gentle light of a distant galaxy
must needs pour into mine eye.
Or i shall with bent and turned,
fall me down, distraught..To die.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

weixing wrote:Hi,
Actually, his name is Samuel Ng (harlequin2902), I just too lazy to type... :) He is one of the most active vendor here and his website is: http://www.harlequinastronomics.com

Have a nice day.
yes. sam is quite helpful and is quite active here as well. check out the wide range of stuff that he carries. I'm hoping that he will eventually carry Celestron stuff as well but I guess that's asking too much :lol:

Sam conducts regular sessions in Toa Payoh for those who are not motivated to go to Dempsey and usually a few regulars like Richard Low (rlow) will join him....

you should participate in 1-2 sessions before deciding what suits you...

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
shark

Post by shark »

Hi Charlie,

That is very near to my place. Perhaps when you are back from NS, we can neet up for kopi. :D
rlow

Post by rlow »

Sam conducts regular sessions in Toa Payoh for those who are not motivated to go to Dempsey and usually a few regulars like Richard Low (rlow) will join him....
thank you rich, but THE regular person is Zong Yao (Zong) who stays in the same area. I only drop by when I am free or in the area.