Dry cabinet

Here is the place to talk about all those equipment(Telescope, Mounts, Eyepieces, etc...) you have. Not sure which scope/eyepiece is best for you? Trash it out here!
kayheem

Post by kayheem »

Are your component faulty? If so, must get the same back as the mounting position is different from other brands.
If you just want to add the elec dehum. on the plastic or metal box, then don't waste your time as you need all the DIY knowledge and tools to make one! Hence, the best is get a cabinet that is not so expensive. The one at Cathay Photo Store (Peninsula Plaza) is selling quite reasonable. Free Delivery, they offer. Pay them a visit.

cheers,
eric goh[/quote]

Nope. It is not faulty. I just have a large custom cabinet to store my scope stuff and I need a dehumidifying unit to put in to keep things dry. That's why I do not need a cabinet.

Kay Heem

Post by Guest »

kayheem wrote:Are your component faulty? If so, must get the same back as the mounting position is different from other brands.
If you just want to add the elec dehum. on the plastic or metal box, then don't waste your time as you need all the DIY knowledge and tools to make one! Hence, the best is get a cabinet that is not so expensive. The one at Cathay Photo Store (Peninsula Plaza) is selling quite reasonable. Free Delivery, they offer. Pay them a visit.

cheers,
eric goh
Nope. It is not faulty. I just have a large custom cabinet to store my scope stuff and I need a dehumidifying unit to put in to keep things dry. That's why I do not need a cabinet.

Kay Heem[/quote]Hi Kay Heem,

I will not be able to answer your question as this need some calculation for your custom cabinet. Do check with Cathay Photo Store and ask whether they have the right dehum unit for your custom cabinet.

Cheers,
eric goh
Grievous

Post by Grievous »

My guess will be the shops at the basement or the upper floors, cos the last time i saw them was around 1 year ago.

Charlie
dew

Post by dew »

Does anyone know where to get a stand-alone electronic dehumidifier (i.e. just the part that does the drying, I do not need the entire cabinet).
hi there,

i think i might know a place.. my AmPro dry cabinet motor failed on me a week ago but was still under warrenty so the shop let me change the motor for free.. when i went to the shop the motor was wrapped in plastic and had a price sticker on it (about $85 it said) so that makes me guess that they might sell the motor unit alone..

the shop was Digital Point.. its at suntec.. heres the number.. can call to check.. 63391133..
a warning though.. my motor unit stopped working after only 2 months of operation.. i'm not sure if all AmPro units are like that but you might want to make sure the unit comes with a warrenty if you buy it..

eu-wen
Quasar

Post by Quasar »

Hmmm i dunno if you can just attach an am-pro unit just like that, coz i recall reading the explanation/tech documents that dehumidifiers have an outlet/vent for the peltier or something to vent the water vapour out of the sealed cabinet.

So you'd need 1. A hole in the cabinet, 2. A sealed enclosure so the dehumidifier duzzen spoil from constantly venting vapour

If u wanna use a cupboard as storage for equipment, i'd think thirsty hippo or silica gel might be better since u dun have to drill holes.

Just my $0.02
dew

Post by dew »

Hmmm i dunno if you can just attach an am-pro unit just like that, coz i recall reading the explanation/tech documents that dehumidifiers have an outlet/vent for the peltier or something to vent the water vapour out of the sealed cabinet.
oh yeah thats right.. the motor will vent water vapour out from its back.. so your gonna need to make a hole in the cabinet to screw the motor in or something.. anyway i'm sure you have thought about it already

eu-wen