Recommendation on eyepiece kit

Here is the place to talk about all those equipment(Telescope, Mounts, Eyepieces, etc...) you have. Not sure which scope/eyepiece is best for you? Trash it out here!
Hardwarezone
Favourite scope: maksutov

Re: Recommendation on eyepiece kit

Post by Hardwarezone »

The AM 114EQ is a bird-jones newtonian with spherical mirror.

You may wish to upgrade to a proper parabolic mirror newtonian in the future if the hobby continues, save the budget for that.
Mariner
Favourite scope: Non as of now

Post by Mariner »

A good set of plossls may serve you well enough for now with a fast newtonian. As Hardwarezone pointed out, you should consider to upgrade to a better scope if you choose to continue this hobby. The plossls can still be useful while you build up your subsequent eyepiece lineup as you progress. Best to try out at outreach and sidewalk sessions organised by fellow Singastro members or TASOS to determine what works for you and your scope.
OCULARHOLIC ANONYMOUS!!!
Keep Calm and Carry on Observing.
alexaung

Post by alexaung »

Hardwarezone wrote:You may wish to upgrade to a proper parabolic mirror newtonian in the future if the hobby continues, save the budget for that.
Mariner wrote: As Hardwarezone pointed out, you should consider to upgrade to a better scope if you choose to continue this hobby.
Well noted and thanks for your advise both bro, just that i only started putting thoughts into action for my hobby, so was a bit reserved... i will constantly try to upgrade something worth the value as stronger as my hobby grows... With this scope, i cannot see nothing much significantly other than moon... Also now due to weather, every night staring at sky wishing the cloud to disappear... [smilie=beg.gif] lol