Changing of server at 30 August 2004, 2am (Singapore Time)

Here is the place for the admins or moderators to do their annoucements. Or, if you have bought a new scope and want the whole world to know, do it here. Basically this is the place for any astro first-hand news.
nF
Administrator

Changing of server at 30 August 2004, 2am (Singapore Time)

Post by nF »

I will be changing server later in the early morning but downtime will be minimum as this forum will still be up while I am copying the data to the new server. Some minor coding will be done to the forum also.

After transfer of data to the new server is done, I will have to point the domain to the new server so there might be downtime (at least 1 day expected) as it takes time for the changes to be approved. Weicong will be uploading the singastro fest 2004 webpage onto the new server as well[font=Arial] [/font] .

So let's hope that no data is lost when the transfer is going on. Good luck.

Regards,
Tan Yong Quan
Last edited by nF on Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
.___.
{O,o} O'RLY?
/)__)
-"-"-
nF
Administrator

Post by nF »

Success!! :D We have completed the move to the new server and the domain pointing is completed earlier than expected. While Weicong is uploading the astrofest info to the server at this very moment, we can just hope for the best. Less holes in our pockets too as the monthly payment now is SG$20 instead of the SG$29+ on the previous server(shared by me and weicong). As the server is at Pacific Internet Data Centre instead of USA, surfing speed will somehow have improved. Thanks, George of ZoneFusion Hosting.

Anyway, the change of colours on the forum is done by Weicong also.

Regards,
Tan Yong Quan
.___.
{O,o} O'RLY?
/)__)
-"-"-
Q
Administrator

Post by Q »

yeah i figure blue is too boring... haha
luke5v8

Post by luke5v8 »

Wow.... didn't know the both of you paid for this website, seow liao man! (tot it was free, residing on a member's pc.. hee hee )

Anyway, thank you to the both of you for taking care of our needs.
luke5v8

Post by luke5v8 »

sorry aah, but just noticed yesterday, when the website was up for the first time, there was a shout box, but now not there already. why aah?
Not complaining, but curious, is it that not many members log in at the same time, so not much talking?

Thank you
nF
Administrator

Post by nF »

It is moved as like you say not many members log on at the same time. That's the reason.
.___.
{O,o} O'RLY?
/)__)
-"-"-