PHD problem: what does this mean??

Here is the place to talk about all those equipment(Telescope, Mounts, Eyepieces, etc...) you have. Not sure which scope/eyepiece is best for you? Trash it out here!
timatworksg

Post by timatworksg »

It was set on my pier with 2 nights of 5min drift alignment runs,...so it is pretty stable. The Sirius I have now throws me a different graph, but stable as well (due to a perm set up). Will take a screenie next run to show the diff.
Somehow, the GP with the IOptron servo motors...were so much nicer...sigh***
My wife never complained about how much time, effort & money I spent on my Astronomy hobby!................suddenly I met her!!!
rcj
Vendor

Post by rcj »

agreed! the vixen mounts are damn good for their money... michael had a vixen gp where stars were unguided for 30 minutes in Mersing days, and he was running 1.5 hours of milky way shots on film...pin point... btw is there a manual for PHD?
Photon Bucket
http://www.celestialportraits.com
Facebook page: celestialportraits
orly_andico

Post by orly_andico »

Yeah mine which cost me $180 USD (!) is giving me 20 arcseconds peak-to-peak.

I must say so long as you keep your payload under 2-3kg, nothing's gonna beat a Vixen GP for the money.. they go for ridiculously low prices on astromart (not the GP-DX though). The problem arises when one wants to carry 10kg..
timatworksg

Post by timatworksg »

Woops sorry no manual....habit to always mention 'manual' online...my bad. It's actually the Help contents within PHD and most of the info also from StarGazers Lounge.
My wife never complained about how much time, effort & money I spent on my Astronomy hobby!................suddenly I met her!!!
timatworksg

Post by timatworksg »

Here's the PHD graph reading for the Sirius during Autoguide.
The mount is on my perm pier, but my last 2 drift alignment routines where rather haphazardly done compared to what I did for the GP!
Intend to run PEMPRO to resolve any issues..Also as the target goes higher (30degrees and more) seeing improves and Autoguiding gets better. Atmosphere and LP plays a part too.

zer0
Favourite scope: FC-100

Re: PHD problem: what does this mean??

Post by zer0 »

For some reason I cannot access the images attached to the previous posts ): Will try to follow the discussion advices, because I haven't been able to get my GP to guide so far.