Rules needed for Buy and Sell Forum

Have some suggestions to improve the site? Let's discuss it here....Might do some tests here as well
MooEy

Rules needed for Buy and Sell Forum

Post by MooEy »

It seems that users here have a habit of jumping into another person's selling post and attempt to "warn" the buyers of a cheaper price elsewhere.

For example A trys to sell a manfrotto 410 head for $160 and B jumps in and claim that a shop is selling the same thing for only 175 brand new.

I do not see how this is toleratable. Such comments will put the seller at a disadvantage since there will be lesser people who wish to buy since they think they can get a better deal from B.

I have no objection to people who wish to ask about the product, or ask for a better price, but i have problem with people jumping in when they have no intention of buying. The seller has the option of maintaining transparancy and posting in the thread directly, or reply with PM.

Also, I hope that the Buy and Sell posts should be kept permanent for future reference purposes. Edit/delete options should be disabled in the Buy and Sell forum so that the original poster cannot remove the thread.

~MooEy~
VinSnr
Administrator

Re: Rules needed for Buy and Sell Forum

Post by VinSnr »

MooEy wrote:It seems that users here have a habit of jumping into another person's selling post and attempt to "warn" the buyers of a cheaper price elsewhere.

For example A trys to sell a manfrotto 410 head for $160 and B jumps in and claim that a shop is selling the same thing for only 175 brand new.

I do not see how this is toleratable. Such comments will put the seller at a disadvantage since there will be lesser people who wish to buy since they think they can get a better deal from B.

I have no objection to people who wish to ask about the product, or ask for a better price, but i have problem with people jumping in when they have no intention of buying. The seller has the option of maintaining transparancy and posting in the thread directly, or reply with PM.

Also, I hope that the Buy and Sell posts should be kept permanent for future reference purposes. Edit/delete options should be disabled in the Buy and Sell forum so that the original poster cannot remove the thread.

~MooEy~
haha..you are talking about my thread.

Well, let him jump in if he wants.....i don't care. But next time if he sell, he better pray that he sell cheap enough because I know prices very well. I doubt many sell things at my kind of price, so if I make comments, he would hope I am not here.

Anyway, the 410 head is not a popular head.....if you can find it at 175, let's see how long you have to wait for it.

I have no problems with people jumping in to warn others ONLY if the price shown is ridiculous. If an item sell new for 2000 bucks and this chap is trying to sell it off at 2100 bucks after using it for 6 months, then I think we have obligation to warn others. But if he sell it at 2nd hand price, then I think it's up to the buyer seller business. Outsiders should have no business to interfere.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Most people of course wants to sell at a decent price...not too high but not too low either. I think its very low for a person not buying a product but proceeds to quote some limited amazing offer he found some place and then proceeds to treat that as the regular retail price and insisting the seller sell it below that price...The market is full of such people... they are only slighlty better than those that quote ridiculously low price in the hope that the seller is an idiot and they can bag the deal of the century.....

nonetheless, as moderator, if the thread crosses the line, I'll take action but so far, apart from that case some months back, its pretty ok so far except for the odd hiccup...

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets