Can IPAD or SUMSUNG galaxy pad be use to post on this forum?

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.
superiorstream

Can IPAD or SUMSUNG galaxy pad be use to post on this forum?

Post by superiorstream »

Hi,All
I am a IT zero and had even go to the extend of buying 4--yes --4 computers to backup my use as I find the XP operating system user friendly;however recently;one after another CRUSHED--2 ACER,
1 IBM,and 1 VAIO.Ultimately I use 'new'--new in the sense it had been used a few hrs the kept as backup--but that even failed me.It didnt crash,but suddenly refuse to go into internet with always --server not found.The no of days it manage to serve its purpose is less than 10 days.A real nasty and SHIT experence I have with' windows' with well over at least 8000 dollars down the drain.(spoiled computer not sold;still with me--not lying;real experence of the paper free world!)Enough is enough.If using IPAD/SUMSUNG galaxy pad is not possible to post/login/submit to singastro I think I have to go back to the good old days to visit science centre occassionally as the link to the astro community here.Your advise and help is GREATLY and HIGHLY appreciated.Thanks in advance.( for may not be able to post--in my kids computer later).
cloud_cover
Favourite scope: 94.5", f/24 Ritchey-Chretien Reflector

Re: Can IPAD or SUMSUNG galaxy pad be use to post on this fo

Post by cloud_cover »

Yes, its possible. I'm posting this on a tablet as we speak.
However, it sounds like you are having a software configuration problem with your laptops! Fix that and you will be good to go online.
I'm sure some of us here can help you out . If not I might be free after next week :)
DON'T PANIC
Gary

Post by Gary »

Hi Mr Chia. I have sent you my reply via email.
http://www.astro.sg
email: gary[at]astro.sg
twitter: @astrosg

"The importance of a telescope is not how big it is, how well made it is.
It is how many people, less fortunate than you, got to look through it."
-- John Dobson.
superiorstream

Post by superiorstream »

Hi,Gary and Cloud cover
Thanks for the reply.Actually this problem of 'server not found' did surface before in my old XP and according to my kid,its due to the computer crazly suddenly allocating 0 memory space to the internet.XP she was able to do the necessary adjustment;but for the more restrictive vista OS,cannot get into the system and hence really know whats the cause.Non of the buttoms available can cure that problem--so computer permanently down.
As till now ,I am seriously considering the Samsung galaxy tab for my internet as I only get into forum pages;view spaceweather.com;view tasos pages;check my email.I dont edit photos,etc.Advise?Thanks again.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

I used the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 to access even my admin account and able to do so. I also tested this using my Mototola Xoom too, so Android platforms should not be a problem. I have accessed Singastro from the Ipad2 but never posted from there, but I think it should be ok too. :0
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
superiorstream

Post by superiorstream »

Thanks Airconvent for the reply.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

No problem. Btw i posted this from my galaxy tab 10.1 :)
superiorstream

Post by superiorstream »

Hi,Airconvent
Can use galaxy tab to tranfer photo from SD card to external hardisk?Also can use it to view photo?It contain usb port?If so its statisfy by simple use.Did experience virus problem?(recently a virus called RECLYER virus hid my kid computer and even block its internet access to anti virus website!)Also will its usable 'icon' evaporate with time and demand for money top up for its use like that of windows usable programs? or had you experience a sudden internet dont know how to cure blackout like my experience with vista a few days ago.Thanks for your reply beforehand.If can do all these;will be dashing down to get a Samsung galaxy tab.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

I have not tried it but should be no problem. For the original Galaxy Tab 10.1, I have a adapter that allows an sd card and usb storage device to be connected and share information together with the tablet storage memory. But the main concern is power requirement. Some harddisk need so much current, they need to be connected to TWO USB ports. Hence I am not certain if HD will run properly but SD card and thumbdrive should have no problem. Also, the new Tab 2 has built in sd card slot too! :)
superiorstream

Post by superiorstream »

Hi,Airconvent
Thanks for the reply.Actually went down immediately(sunday) to expo--got one exhibition there--and went to the samsung counter to ask.According to the sales there,the 10.?-newest-tab has no usb port,only saw one microsd card slot and some 'funny' slot.I told him my requirement about transfering photo betw cards and HD.He told me cannot.Still keeping my finger cross.Can one day come to your place to see what enable you to connect tab to usb and any icon on tab to enable transfer of folders?Thanks again--by the way the problem on my vista operated netbook persisted and my kid had given up to cure it.All other electronic on board functioning well.What a SHIT experience with a operating system that is suppost to connect you to the net(netbook ha ha) which actually shut you off the net upon <10 days usage.Very reliable and improvement over XP indeed!Can now understand why so many are turning to pads and tabs and handphones for net connections and throwing their PC into dustbins.