Ioptron ZEQ25GT mount?

Here is the place to talk about all those equipment(Telescope, Mounts, Eyepieces, etc...) you have. Not sure which scope/eyepiece is best for you? Trash it out here!
beginner

Re: Ioptron ZEQ25GT mount?

Post by beginner »

Anat,

Thank you for sharing your review of the mount.
We should thankful that iOptron is actively making new products progressively.
Their fair pricing also enable newcomers to experience GOTO which at one time was a costly thing.
PETER LOO
Favourite scope: TS APO Refractor

Post by PETER LOO »

Wow, impressive work Anat, thanks for sharing your indepth analysis on this Mount, it changed my way of thinking and perceptions on what is a "Good Mount" now [smilie=admire.gif] n.b. can shed some light in English :) ?
Gary

Post by Gary »

anat wrote:I just got my ZEQ25 and wrote an "in-depth" review in my local forum:
http://darasart.com/webboard/Question.asp?GID=4268

The mechanical problem can be solved easily. It is still worth it because the ZEQ25 mount is the lightest and least expensive mount capable to do serious astrophotography.
Well done Anat! Thanks for sharing!

Those who can't read Thai can try the translation feature in your browser (e.g. Chrome). Not perfect but at least you get a rough idea.

I think there is local amateur astronomer in this forum who can read Thai very well. :)
http://www.astro.sg
email: gary[at]astro.sg
twitter: @astrosg

"The importance of a telescope is not how big it is, how well made it is.
It is how many people, less fortunate than you, got to look through it."
-- John Dobson.
anat

Post by anat »

I make an instruction to fix the crosstalk noise. Please feel free to download from here and comment.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3RSuv9 ... sp=sharing
Davegn
Favourite scope: 94" Ritchey Chrétien reflector telescope

Post by Davegn »

Hi anat,

It seems my mount does not suffer from this. Even if it does. It post no effect on my current setup. (=

Nevertheless. Thank for sharing the doc file in such details!
Dave Ng
Bishan Park SideWalk Astronomy
http://www.facebook.com/SingaporeSidewalkAstronomy
anat

Post by anat »

Baby Mach1 for cable management

orly_andico

Post by orly_andico »

ha! didn't notice that about the cable management..

the iEQ45 is also obviously patterned after the AP900, albeit on a much smaller scale and when you look closely it's rough and the castings somewhat crude.
anat

Post by anat »

I think it doesn't intend for the cable management. But the RA and DEC axes are hollow (without polarscope). So, I tried and found that it worked :)
orly_andico

Post by orly_andico »

Anat, is iAstrohub going to work with this thing?

Please do report on your findings. I am finding that hauling the Mach1 is still quite a chore, so a smaller lighter but hopefully capable mount is something I really want. Tak P2Z is impossible to find and has no GoTo. EM11 too expensive.
anat

Post by anat »

orly_andico wrote:Anat, is iAstrohub going to work with this thing?

Please do report on your findings. I am finding that hauling the Mach1 is still quite a chore, so a smaller lighter but hopefully capable mount is something I really want. Tak P2Z is impossible to find and has no GoTo. EM11 too expensive.
orly_andico,

I am using the iAstroHub to control the ZEQ25GT mount and my DSLR+CCD from my iPad/Nexus. Skysafari also works with iAstroHub. No need to buy the SkyFi :) I actually purchase this mount to fulfill my need for portability. QHY Intercam 8300 developer version is coming to complete my setup :) One cable from the CCD to QHY6 for guiding and one cable from the CCD to the mount. So a tablet can control everything. Very portable and revolutionary :)

Skychart (CDC) on iAstroHub still cannot control the mount due to the driver issue. I have to look into it. However, recently I prefer Skysafari.

Anat