Web site for telescopes

Here is the place to talk about all those equipment(Telescope, Mounts, Eyepieces, etc...) you have. Not sure which scope/eyepiece is best for you? Trash it out here!
Gary

Re: Web site for telescopes

Post by Gary »

wrong post. pls delete. :)
http://www.astro.sg
email: gary[at]astro.sg
twitter: @astrosg

"The importance of a telescope is not how big it is, how well made it is.
It is how many people, less fortunate than you, got to look through it."
-- John Dobson.
Clifford60

Post by Clifford60 »

Hi John, After reading those sites, join a few sidewalk sessions, then you will understand the different scopes better, until then learn more before you commit.

At Gary's sidewalk event, you will have chance to "play" and see thru SCT, MCT, MN, Newtonia, DOB, refractor, etc.
Johndepro
Favourite scope: Powerseeker 127 EQ / Powerseeker 50 AZ

Post by Johndepro »

Clifford60 wrote:Hi John, After reading those sites, join a few sidewalk sessions, then you will understand the different scopes better, until then learn more before you commit.

At Gary's sidewalk event, you will have chance to "play" and see thru SCT, MCT, MN, Newtonia, DOB, refractor, etc.

I have been to some star gazing session, and looked through some of the scopes
-_JOHNOOI_-
bornfree
Favourite scope: Still searching for "The Eye"

Post by bornfree »

great if u have a clear picture of what u desire to own. hope u will own ur dream scope soon!a
Born to be Free
ivan
Favourite scope: TAK-oyaki

Post by ivan »

Johndepro wrote:
Clifford60 wrote:Rather than doing all the homework by yourself, you can get help from the fellows stargazers in this forum by providing,
- your budget,
- what you plan to do with scope,
- any preferred choice of scope,
- etc

The guys here are more than willing to help you.

Hi
My budget is $200-$350 max
My like to look at planets
My preferred choice of scope is either Newtonian telescope or the Cassegrain telescope

-John
Are you only aiming for visual observing, or do you see yourself doing astrophotography one day?
Just a casual stargazer
Johndepro

Post by Johndepro »

ivan wrote:
Johndepro wrote:
Clifford60 wrote:Rather than doing all the homework by yourself, you can get help from the fellows stargazers in this forum by providing,
- your budget,
- what you plan to do with scope,
- any preferred choice of scope,
- etc

The guys here are more than willing to help you.

Hi
My preferred choice of scope is either Newtonian telescope or the Cassegrain telescope

-John
Are you only aiming for visual observing, or do you see yourself doing astrophotography one day?

Erm.... I do take photos of moon but, I'm using my phone to take photos so... I don't intend to really go into astrophotography
-_JOHNOOI_-
ivan
Favourite scope: TAK-oyaki

Post by ivan »

Johndepro wrote:
ivan wrote:
Johndepro wrote: Hi

-John

Erm.... I do take photos of moon but, I'm using my phone to take photos so... I don't intend to really go into astrophotography
In that case, I think you should get a dob. It has the best bang for the buck and gives a greater level of portability than other types of mounts. There's also the saying that the best scope is not the most expensive one, but the one you use the most often. That's where portability comes in.

That said, do go for a few more sidewalks, and keep watch on the buy and sell forum for any good deals. If you can, wait it out a little while longer and save up for a good scope. Beats spending incrementally in my opinion.

If you choose to buy online, you can try shipping via comgateway or other similar sites. It's *usually* cheaper than using the shipping options provided by the seller.
Just a casual stargazer
Johndepro

Post by Johndepro »

Hi ,thank you for your recommendation
https://www.astronomics.com/dobsonian-t ... px#Filter=[Sort=1*ava=0]
It's kind of ex though
-_JOHNOOI_-