WTS : Zeiss PL10x/20 (25mm) eyepiece pair (closed)

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
Great Red Spot
Favourite scope: Newtonian

WTS : Zeiss PL10x/20 (25mm) eyepiece pair (closed)

Post by Great Red Spot »

Hello,

I'm selling these excellent Zeiss microscope eyepieces. These came originally with 30mm barrels. I have adapted them to 31.7mm (1.25-inch) for astro use. With increased barrel size, these 25mm (10x) eyepieces have about 50 degrees afov, like your modern day Plossls. But here are some advantages that this Zeiss pair has to offer:

1. Astro folks might not like to hear it, but it is a fact that the optical tolerances for laboratory and medical research equipment are far tighter and are manufactured with far stricter technical specifications. In a sense, these are research grade eyepieces made for actual research work.

2. These eyepieces have individual diopters, i.e in-built helical focusers. By turning the top part of the eyepiece, it allows smooth micro-focusing up to about 1cm of focus travel. Stick these into a barlow and they become potent eyepieces for planets, moon and double stars.

3. These eyepieces eats up very little light path and are therefore very well suited for use with a binoviewer.

4. These eyepieces have a nice 20mm eye relief. Excellent for eyeglass wearers.

The body of the pair has minor but noticeable scuffs and scratches. Nothing that affects performance. The full metal body is durable and has a nice heavy feel.
Most importantly, the glass and coating on both are pristine. Satisfaction is guaranteed. I have other pairs that I keep for myself.

I will sell them individually, but prefer if they go together. Asking for $160 each. $280 for both. SMS Alvin @ 973111zerofive. Meet for collection at Serangoon MRT.