Clear Skies Finally!

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

johnteh wrote:The night was impressive!!!! Only one word to describe !!!WOW!!!
I've never seen Saturn in my entire life before.
I don't really understand the sky well lucky Sam and rich was there to enlighten me :P Thanks alot guys !
Rich was kind enough to let me touch his 4" scope which i don't really know what make and model it was because it was really dark.
Sam was also kind enough to let me try some of his eyepieces. It really impressed me alot and i also bought two eyepieces from him previously. Although it's only a normal eyepiece but to me it was really great!!! Thanks Sam.
Last but not least , this was my first time using a 70mm Pronto refractor.
Frankly speaking i was impressed with his scope!!!

Thanks again guys i really have a good time yesterday :P
Hi John,
you're welcome! frankly, I did not have the chance to actually show you my Meade ETX90's capabilities as you were distracted by the 102mm vixen but yes, I had the same experience looking at Saturn for the first time.
It was at Eunos and through Remus' ex-FC-60 (or is it FS60??)...
Then I got to see it by myself though my own scope ETX90 and was really excited about it. (was rushing for a wedding but decided I wanted a look before I go :-) )
By the way, don't be "spoilt" by Samuel's stuff....if you get too used to his Naglers and Radians, you may not want to buy the lower end stuff!
Perhaps at another opporunity at Dempsey when I'm not freezing my pants off from the cold wind, I'll show you more of my scope.... :lol:

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

Did you guys look outside just now ? (29th Oct ~ 12:45am) In Toa Payoh Central, the North and North Eastern skies were 100% *cloud free* and I did set up my scope to have a brief look at Saturn (...regardless of it being the 1st time or 1000th time looking at it, and regardless of what size of scope you're using - it always looks sooo good !).

If this pattern of 'clear skies from 12am' repeats itself until the end of the week, I'm sure we'll have a realy great time at Changi/Dempsey on Saturday !
Samuel Ng
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

Thanks again guys i really have a good time yesterday
You're most welcome, John. It's always a pleasure for us to go observing with fellow enthusiasts. Welcome to the world of amateur astronomy and the Singastro family :lol:
Samuel Ng
Grievous

Post by Grievous »

4am:

Went down for a walk; Dark skies with minimal blinking!!! WoOO! Its good to see Gemini and Lupus again! Time to check out the DSOs at Gemini! Anyone 'on' for a 11pm - 3Am+ session later tonight?? Huh? Anyone?

4.15am:

Went bonkers, took digicam and went downstairs to take some pictures for you guys,

Enjoy!

Yippee!
Charlie
johnteh

Post by johnteh »

I can't deny that one day i will be spoilt by Samuel stuffs. His eyepieces was excellent!!!
Yesterday the sky at changi was SUPER clean!!!!
About 12am i went to the westen side i can see total dark sky, i guess it's better then the east side ( maybe some of you has given up on SINGAPORE sky but i can asure that after you go CHANGI or the west side you will be surprise!! )
>>Samuel --- Perhaps one of these day when you and Rich are free i will bring you guys to the westen side which i'm talking about.
Hope that Rich will show me more about his Meade ETX90's i'm really very interested to have a feel of it!! :)
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

Here is a simple single & unprocessed pic of Saturn I captured this morning thru the Pronto with my Canon A70 + relevant adapters at ard 1:30am...didn't quite get the focus correct, but it was a fun first attempt on the ringed planet for me :lol: .
Samuel Ng
Kamikazer

Post by Kamikazer »

the orion...this is so freaking beautiful!

thanks for the pics, charlie
K.L. Lee
johnteh

Post by johnteh »

Hi! Guys have you decided where are we going on sat ( 1-11-2003 ) if the whether is good :)
Just now i went to Ama Keng ( west side ) and i could see sky fill with stars very happy :)
So lets pray that this coming ( 1-11-2003 ) sky will be clear no matter where we are !!@!!@
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

johnteh wrote:Hi! Guys have you decided where are we going on sat ( 1-11-2003 ) if the whether is good :)
Just now i went to Ama Keng ( west side ) and i could see sky fill with stars very happy :)
So lets pray that this coming ( 1-11-2003 ) sky will be clear no matter where we are !!@!!@
Hi John,
Where is this Ama Keng and is it convenient for vehicles? I'm looking out the window now and can see Capella and Saturn. Its averagely clear tonight in some sectors and I'm hopeful Sat should be great!
Have you been to Dempsey yet? Perhaps we can all meet there this Saturday if sky is clear. Clean clear roads with no wind, sand and insects and you can deploy the scope right next to your vehicle...
wait for csn activation by chee chien...heh heh
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

johnteh wrote:I can't deny that one day i will be spoilt by Samuel stuffs. His eyepieces was excellent!!!
Yesterday the sky at changi was SUPER clean!!!!
About 12am i went to the westen side i can see total dark sky, i guess it's better then the east side ( maybe some of you has given up on SINGAPORE sky but i can asure that after you go CHANGI or the west side you will be surprise!! )
>>Samuel --- Perhaps one of these day when you and Rich are free i will bring you guys to the westen side which i'm talking about.
Hope that Rich will show me more about his Meade ETX90's i'm really very interested to have a feel of it!! :)
are you referring to Jurong ? I never recommend going there...even on clear sky , the place is "cloudy" due to the fumes coming from all the plants and factories.

rich