WTB: dovetail saddle plate (found)

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
rlow

WTB: dovetail saddle plate (found)

Post by rlow »

Hi,

I am looking for a dovetail saddle plate/adaptor that fits the celestron and vixen dovetail. It should have a central hole threaded for 1/4"-20 or 3/8"-16 and also two holes (M6 or M8) spaced at 35mm centre-to-centre. I would appreciate if anyone who has one to sell or any info on finding/fabricating one, please let me know.

Thank you.
Richard
Last edited by rlow on Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wucheeyiun

Post by wucheeyiun »

Hi Richard Loh,

Are you looking for this?
This is a dovetail plate which i use for Tube Ring Connection for APO, Refractors and C5 only.

This is used for vixen GP mount.

The 2 top holes are 35mm apart

chee yiun, if you want it PM me...
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
He is looking for something like this:

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
rlow

Post by rlow »

Hi Weixing, nice pic...yes that is what i need, though i would skip the red ball in case some curious bystander decides to unscrew it...ahhhh!

Hi Chee Yiun, guess what! I am also looking for that mounting plate. Will call you....
denebman

Post by denebman »

I've already forwarded the size of your dovetail clamp to my contractor, wish he could make one pair with the giro mount.
10" Telekit with Zambuto optics~TMB 152/1200 (construction)~Takashi Mewlon 210~TMB 80/600
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

hi liu ming, i also need a pair, preferably with the red ball :-)

cheers,
denebman

Post by denebman »

ariefm71 wrote:hi liu ming, i also need a pair, preferably with the red ball :-)

cheers,
Please spend some time measuring the exact size(base, top and height) as well as the inclining angle of your dovetail.

This is actually more annoying than alt-azimuth mount because each brand has its own standard, it is really hard to find a dovetail clamp that satisfies all.

The "red ball" is just a strawberry :k-evil: , anything will do. :lol:
10" Telekit with Zambuto optics~TMB 152/1200 (construction)~Takashi Mewlon 210~TMB 80/600
wucheeyiun

Post by wucheeyiun »

Dear Richard and TG

Thanks for the responses of the dovetail bar,
i have decided not to sell the dovetail as will keep it for my future APO :D

Thanks TG for the decent offer too, but i will have to let it go this time.

Richard, i did not realised you were looking for it until you called me.

TG had wanted to buy it from me before you called, in any case, my APO will come soon :D , it will be put to good use. Sorry if there was any misunderstanding.
elton

Post by elton »

Hi guys,

I have a saddle plate which looks almost like Weixing's pic. It has 2 holes drilled 3.5cm apart but does not have a centre hole which can be drilled quite easily anyway. I think my plate is a Tak saddle because it is very well made and has the same colour and finish as Tak stuff. Please let me know if you are interested.
rlow

Post by rlow »

Hi elton

yes i am interested. will call and arrange with you. thanks.