WTB: RKE Eyepieces

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
Tachyon

WTB: RKE Eyepieces

Post by Tachyon »

Please PM me your asking price.

Thanks!
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
fizzy123

RKE

Post by fizzy123 »

Hi Tachyon,
If u are not specifically looking for those Edmund Scientific ones, I do have a similar one which is a modified achromat. It is by Meade. It is quite frequently used,n the outer coating of the brand name is off. U want? I asking for $22. price neg. :idea: :wink:
MooEy

Post by MooEy »

i believe that most of us should have 1 or 2 pieces of those meade/celestron sma in our dry box. how many do u need? if u are using these for solar projection it's ok. but if u are misleaded into using crappy stuff like rke or ma for planetary purpose, forget abt it.

~MooEy~
Debash

Post by Debash »

If you want to buy new, you can check with Edmund Optics, Singapore

http://www.edmundoptics.com/onlinecatal ... uctid=2075

I bought my 15mmRKE for S$127 last year, it takes about a week for them to get it from the USA

Don't agree with the comment that these are cr***y. These are great eyepieces in a simple design and cheap. I for one, won't part with it anytime soon. Not sure if you have seen this review, at least for this reviewer, the RKE beat some bigbuck eyepieces:

http://www.cloudynights.com/documents/p ... pieces.pdf
Debash
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
but if u are misleaded into using crappy stuff like rke or ma for planetary purpose, forget abt it.
For your Information, the "crappy stuff" RKE eyepiece just happen to be one of the best eyepiece out there for planetary observation (CN report also say so)... hee hee :P

I had used the RKE eyepiece (thanks to debash), and the planetary view is really good (imho, I think better than my previous pentax XL7mm and about the same as my previous 7mm HD Othro) and also perform quite well on other objects too.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

The TMB 6mm Planetary EP is on sale at burgess website for US$49. I've preordered their 4mm and 9mm version (US$99 each).
Last edited by ariefm71 on Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MooEy

Post by MooEy »

[off topic]
yeah, i have read the article long ago. dun bother telling me 3 elements is better than watever 4 elements, i dun really buy those.

u dun see rke in many planetary observer's inventory list but u see pentax orthos/xp, tak ortho/le and all those funny little ap and tmb eyepieces everywhere. i'll go with the statistics.

[/off topic]

~MooEy~
MooEy

Post by MooEy »

huh? usd$49? are those the supermonos?

~MooEy~
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

no, not the sm, it's the 60 deg field version. see here: http://www.burgessoptical.com/EPs/Planetary6.html
denebman

Post by denebman »

:shock:
Ariefm71 gives me a big shock, I just ordered four TMB supermono and they are on the way. But the price is not that cheap.
Anyway, I calm down after read your last post.
10" Telekit with Zambuto optics~TMB 152/1200 (construction)~Takashi Mewlon 210~TMB 80/600