WTS: 2" Dielectric Diagonal - TV Everbrite-clone [SOLD]

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
ariefm71

WTS: 2" Dielectric Diagonal - TV Everbrite-clone [SOLD]

Post by ariefm71 »

Bought from Liu Ming together with the Megrez shown in pic (i'm selling the diagonal only :-)), I'm downgrading to 1.25" diagonal to shave the weight to use with my binoviewer.

Selling this 99% reflectivity dielectric diagonal at non-dielectric price of S$130 only. Google "dielectric diagonal" to see why dielectric is better than standard enhanced aluminum.

cheers,
Arief
Last edited by ariefm71 on Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
denebman

Post by denebman »

Happy to see my old heirloom takes on a new look. Arief, have you had the lens exchanged by WO?
Back to the diagonal, it is surely a dielectric version coated by a research institute of Chinese Science Academy. The non-metalic coating is said to be Ta2O5 which can withstand nitric acid. In my opinion, I'd suggest you keep it for your binoviewer since 2" mirror gives bigger 1/10 lambda surface that covers your binoviewer's clear aperature. If you downgrade to the 1.25" format, the real "flat area" may not cover that clear aperature. (Please also note the technical paper on company 7 website on diagonal)
10" Telekit with Zambuto optics~TMB 152/1200 (construction)~Takashi Mewlon 210~TMB 80/600
Lee
Vendor

Re: WTS: 2" Dielectric Diagonal - TV Everbrite-clone

Post by Lee »

ariefm71 wrote:Bought from Liu Ming together with the Megrez shown in pic (i'm selling the diagonal only :-)), I'm downgrading to 1.25" diagonal to shave the weight to use with my binoviewer.

Selling this 99% reflectivity dielectric diagonal at non-dielectric price of S$130 only. Google "dielectric diagonal" to see why dielectric is better than standard enhanced aluminum.

cheers,
Arief
If you are still selling I will get from you.
Wee Kiong