Gone ...OPT option?

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Gone ...OPT option?

Post by Airconvent »

For those who wants to purchase Celestron stuff from OPT, I just read that Celestron has clamped down on their US dealers and are enforcing the no shipping out of the US policy..
Could it be the agents outside of the US are complaining of being undercut or Celestron find it too troublesome to offer direct support to overseas customers ?
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
river

Post by river »

oh no.. does that include Vpost?

Lucky we still have some nice local vendors here :P
perseid
Vendor

Post by perseid »

I have tried to order either a C11 or C14 in last week, but was told about this new rule! Almost definitely, some oversea dealers must been complaining about buyers getting the scope straight from US. I was told by my celestron dealer that the oversea dealers charge more as the scopes were shipped from US and they have added the shipping cost.
I don't think it is Celestron idea to enforce this rule, but it will surely hurt their sales. New scopes from China are available now and then. It will be time before they started to produce 8 inch or larger SCT, which celestron is famous for.
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
For those who wants to purchase Celestron stuff from OPT, I just read that Celestron has clamped down on their US dealers and are enforcing the no shipping out of the US policy..
Could it be the agents outside of the US are complaining of being undercut or Celestron find it too troublesome to offer direct support to overseas customers ?
It's only on celestron... right?? We can always get the Orion SCT version. :P

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
perseid
Vendor

Post by perseid »

I thought Orion don't do oversea sale.
lowrobin
Vendor

C8 Sales

Post by lowrobin »

perseid wrote:I thought Orion don't do oversea sale.
Why border with C8 no shipping rules , try the Vixen VC200L or VMC200L, this scope came with more correction than the SCT ot Mak, there are also other larger model VMC260L and VMC330L, I can offer them at very competitive price as I am the local distributor for Vixen Japan Products, direct from Japan factory to you without through 3rd parties.

Robin Low :lol: