MWTS: Celestron C6-N

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
AGMI

MWTS: Celestron C6-N

Post by AGMI »

Hi,
i may want to sell my C6-N to get an Orion SVP 6LT. If offer is reasonable i may sell.found out i got a better interest in planetary astronomy than deep sky and the C6-N couldnt provide the higher magnification i want.
Do You Believe That Forks Are Evolved From Spoons?
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
i may want to sell my C6-N to get an Orion SVP 6LT. If offer is reasonable i may sell.found out i got a better interest in planetary astronomy than deep sky and the C6-N couldnt provide the higher magnification i want.
Hi,
Hmm... how high you want to go??? I had no problem at all... I usually used 187x for planetary viewing and the image was great. I had used up to 375x on Mars and although the image is a bit soft, it is still quite ok.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
AGMI

Post by AGMI »

how high you want to go
actually its not just the maginfication. the price for the 6LT quite reasonable considering the fact that the SVP mount is included and with the c6n, the eyepieces i use have to be very short focal length, not very pleasant for a spectacle wearer [IMO]

only may want to sell. if the price from the dealers (PMed mcgill and astrobargains) is reasonable, then i sell
weixing
Super Moderator
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
the eyepieces i use have to be very short focal length, not very pleasant for a spectacle wearer [IMO]
Yes... that is a problem if you wear spectacle, unless you use those expensive eyepiece.

Anyway, I think the 6LT will be slightly better quality than the F5 version, but it is quite long and may be more difficult to move around (if you need to move around). Also, the shipping cost may be quite high for such a long tube and such heavy weight.

Good luck and have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
AGMI

Post by AGMI »

(if you need to move around). Also, the shipping cost may be quite high for such a long tube and such heavy weight.
hopefully shipping not high. the mars deal by orion mean's its about 100+ less than original price and it includes dual axis drives
AGMI

Post by AGMI »

hey i got a question.
should i
1. keep and modify the CG4 mount and attach a dual axis drive or,
2.get a 6LT with the SVP mount?
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

it's very difficult to sell chinese newt here. weixing has been trying to sell his for almost a year already.
AGMI

Post by AGMI »

Hi,
i just got a price quote from mcgill...said that we won't get the mars offer so the scope might be quite expensive- at $1038 with dual axis drive.OTA cost a slightly more reasonable $330. now to wait for astrobargain's quote
weixing
Super Moderator

Post by weixing »

Hi,
:offtopic:
it's very difficult to sell chinese newt here. weixing has been trying to sell his for almost a year already.
Yes... It is very difficult to sell.... but that may be a blessing. My this Newtonian is very good and if I successfully able to mount a coma corrector for this, I think I'll use the scope for a few more years. :D

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
AGMI

Post by AGMI »

maybe i could giev it one more chance :angel: ive been dabbling at planetary astrophoto again. yes mars as usual. will upload the pic later after i stack :offtopic: