WTB: CG-5 mount or similar

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
starfinder

WTB: CG-5 mount or similar

Post by starfinder »

I am looking for a suitable mount for a 5" Maksutov-Newtonian (MN-56), which weighs about 13 pounds.

Probably a CG-5 equivalent equatorial mount. Preferably with at least one axis motor-drive and enough clearance to be used in Singapore.

The MN-56's tube ring has one 3/8-16 hole and two unthreaded holes at the bottom, as shown in the attached photo.

[highlight=red]Update: BOUGHT [/highlight]from a nice Singastro member on 30/10/2005.
Attachments
MN56 tube ring base.JPG
MN56 tube ring base.JPG (33.32 KiB) Viewed 1481 times
Last edited by starfinder on Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
5" Maksutov-Newtonian (MN-56), which weighs about 13 pounds.
WOW!! Is MN-56 that heavy??? Hmm... Doesn't seem to be that heavy when I used samuel MN56. Anyway, you need to get a dovetail to use on CG5 and I think the chinese type dovetail (used by some celestron scope also) may be able to mount to that three hole. I got one of those dovetail. PM if you want to test it.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
rlow

Post by rlow »

If you are looking for dovetail bar, you can perhaps check with Liuming as he is selling some.