MW2005: Volunteers pls read

Here is the place for the admins or moderators to do their annoucements. Or, if you have bought a new scope and want the whole world to know, do it here. Basically this is the place for any astro first-hand news.
chrisyeo

MW2005: Volunteers pls read

Post by chrisyeo »

For Singastro Volunteers:
I did not want to call a briefing for the Singastro volunteers prior to the event as I know we are all busy, and it is just too troublesome to give every single detail by writing it out. I had therefore hoping to have a briefing at 6.45pm on the day for those volunteering to share with the public from 7pm till 11pm at least.

For these volunteers, an area (S4) is prepared for you to set up your scopes. During the briefing, the following will be given out to you:
1. 1 Singastro Tag (to be worn for identification purposes)
2. 1 ‘Do not touch sign’
3. 1 1.5l bottle of mineral water
Other relevant information will also be given out.

For those who are arriving later, just approach the main reception desk set up at the entrance to the bus stop (near S3) to collect your tag and your do-not-touch sign. You will set up your scopes at area S1. This is where the ‘impromptu’ scopes are set up.

For those driving, please enter by gate C drop off your equipment there. RP volunteers will help you watch over your equipment while you park in Carpark A.

If there are any questions, please raise them up here. I will try to answer them.

Please note that the organisers cannot be responsible for any loss or damage.

Last edited by chrisyeo on Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
kayheem

Post by kayheem »

Hi Chris,

How can I pass you the poster to be used as lucky draw prize? My kids will have just finished their exams and they are bugging be to bring them somewhere. I will try to bring them for MW2005. If not, I will not be able to go. My offer for the $ contribution is still open.

Kay Heem
chrisyeo

Post by chrisyeo »

Hi Kayheem,

Thank you so much for the donations, but the lucky draw idea is scrapped, and there is no need for further expenditure. Do bring your family down to look around!

Cheers,
Chris
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

Chris, can I have two Singastro tag? Reason being one of my friend will be coming with me to take care of my scope when I have to go give talk later....

Thanks
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

I still have the "Do Not Touch" sign from the Last Mars Watch as a souvenir..
if you are short of signs...I can use mine..heh heh
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
chrisyeo

Post by chrisyeo »

Vinsnr, sure, no problem. People who need to leave their scopes can have a barrier set up. RP volunteers or neighbours can help to keep watch also.

Rich, just bring the sign. The more the merrier.
qu1xs1lv3r

Post by qu1xs1lv3r »

i just might be able to come early! cz my dad wont be accompanying me!! :(:(:( nwayz took a sneak peek at mars... it doesnt seem so impressive with my scope.. tho i could see a dark band!
Grievous

Post by Grievous »

Airconvent wrote:I still have the "Do Not Touch" sign from the Last Mars Watch as a souvenir..
Me too! But i don't think i'm able to make it....got duty.. :(
FLT will still be in drybox then.

Charlie
The gentle light of a distant galaxy
must needs pour into mine eye.
Or i shall with bent and turned,
fall me down, distraught..To die.
ALPiNe

Post by ALPiNe »

Grievous wrote: Me too! But i don't think i'm able to make it....got duty.. :(

Charlie
No no..Your FLT shouldn't be kept in the drybox..It needs to see the sky after so long! I don't mind giving your FLT a free delivery service to RP though.. :lol: Afterall, it's along the way.. :mrgreen: :wink:

Cheers,
:cheers:
- ALPiNe

Where have all the FLTs gone!?
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Grievous wrote:
Airconvent wrote:I still have the "Do Not Touch" sign from the Last Mars Watch as a souvenir..
Me too! But i don't think i'm able to make it....got duty.. :(

Charlie
aiyah...can always change duty mah...swap sat with sat and one breakfast?
hope to see you there...so many of the previous generation hardcore singastro members with telescopes to show have already disappeared..like Samuel, Mike, Wira, Vincent Junior, Shaun Tay...etc. sigh...not you too !

BTW Chris, possible to post the organisation structure for mars watch 05, so we all know who is doing what and who are the reps...

cheers
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets