SP Astronomers Funomynite VI

Here is the place for the admins or moderators to do their annoucements. Or, if you have bought a new scope and want the whole world to know, do it here. Basically this is the place for any astro first-hand news.
yleeyufang

SP Astronomers Funomynite VI

Post by yleeyufang »

Hi Everyone!

Its back to the start of an acad year for poly students. Since its the start of another acad year, we'd be having our annual event Funomynite again! Everyone in Singastro is invited to join us in this very fun event. Details are...

Date: 5 May 2006
Time: 7pm - 11pm
Venue: LT 14A
To be confirmed

As usual we'd be having a short talk and then some observation, that is, if the weather would be so kind to let us. But nevertheless, we'd be hoping that it'll be clear skies!

Cya soon!
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

Oh good! Maybe I can win another Ferraro Roche chocolate! :)
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
Jin Peng

Post by Jin Peng »

Yozs!

Can let me the confirmed venue asap? So WE(unconfirmed numbers) can ask sch to sponser transport man!!
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Hi Yvonne
Glad you got your account sorted out!
Do let us know the programme for the night...
cheers
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
yleeyufang

Post by yleeyufang »

Programmes are as mentioned above. :D

Talk will commence around 7 to 730pm. It will be a talk given by Faizal on Introduction to Astronomy. Afterwhich, there'll be some quizzes or games, then refreshments! Come over and hang around!
I wish, I wish, I wish upon a shooting star..
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

wah...was there tonight.
so little singastro members turned up due to the last night for election 06 rallies! I know vincent was very engrossed in bishan! :lol:

so only Remus, David Lian, Carol and myself. The rest of the guests for the night included ex-presidents and members...

in anycase, the evening started with Faizal delivering his Introduction to Astronomy. I had to leave at the end of his talk but I'm sure they had a pretty good session as the sky cleared up somewhat after that.
I finally got to meet Yvonne and the new president. There were also members from other astro clubs like NYP there too! Of course, the ex-presidents...Sam Lee, Geraldine, Michael to name a few....only thing missing is a 21-gun or should I say, 21-telescope salute!

I was also a little surprised that non of the astro club members at the reception desk even know what singastro is...they all gave me a blank look when I said I was from Singastro.... Which means we have to try harder to reach out to them as singastro is afterall an astro community for everyone!

thanks to the President , Yvonne and gang for inviting us! :lol:

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
Jin Peng

Post by Jin Peng »

Ops...i am late for the event but however, i enjoy alot. thanks guys!
yleeyufang

Post by yleeyufang »

lol! glad everyone enjoyed ytd night! yeah. did some observations during later part of the night! wasnt that bad! haha. couldnt have 21 telescopes salute la.. no $! lol.. but we dont mind sponsorship next year! :x lol..

hmm. so maybe next meet up at lelong sale! lol.. cya guys ard!
I wish, I wish, I wish upon a shooting star..